Funk Version of "Can You Picture That"

BorkBork

Reaction score
Mighty_Ferguson said:
BorkBork - We used a 24 Channel Mackie board with a pair of ADATs to record the song (and all the demo songs on our website actually). Drums, vocalists, and horns were mic'ed, the bass, guitar, and keys were recorded direct. I wasn't there for the mixdown, so I'm not sure what equipment was used for that. But because we just used our regular instruments and played it live to tape, it sounds pretty much exactly the same at gigs. 'Can You Picture That' works better keeping it simple I think. :wink:
Cool. I myself work with a digidesign protools mixplus environment. The instruments are a cupple of synthezeisers, and i use a Rode Classic II mic. I'm mostly into Dance/trance-music for my productions, but i understand fully most sorts of music.

I agree with you to keep it simple. The most "complex" thing i would add to your production is a clavinette with phaser :big_grin:

Keep up the good work it sounds great! Don't ever lose the livegig-feeling! :flirt:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Mighty F, MFest seems to have so far been a one time convention, but when asked about the liklihood of another MFest, the Henson folk say that 'something's in the works.' But they don't say if it will happen, and if it does when or where. We need at least a year notice from them to start saving up vacation daze and money.

However, whether it's something that they'll do again or not, it's important for you to go ahead and start letting them know you exist so they'll see interest in participation and they'll likely give you a call.

The band they had there before seemed to be totally unaware of the songs, the music, and sounded like they had just thrown the thing together.

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
The band they had there before seemed to be totally unaware of the songs, the music, and sounded like they had just thrown the thing together.
That could have been the case... maybe they were booked at the last minute or something like that.
Well, hopefully when the next MuppetFest happens we'll be a part of it. I'm sure we could put together some really awesome stuff to go with the rest of the Muppet party, get the crowd hopping, etc. :excited:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Texachusettes...LOL!

Mighty Ferg, why not just add some to your repertoire now in case it comes up, that way you'll be prepared and a sure-win opportunity will be your's!