Funk Version of "Can You Picture That"

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
One more thing, Mighty Ferguson, you might discuss with the band about adding more of the Muppet Songs to your repertoire, mainly Electric Mayhem songs, because if they do another Muppet Fest, that might be a good opportunity for you to get a job--with travel.

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear -
We would love to play at a Muppet Fest, and if that ever happened we'd definitely get a bunch more Muppets songs together. The guitar player and I were coincidentally just saying that if we ever played something like that, we'd have to quit afterwards because we'd never get a cooler gig than that again! I'm pretty sure everyone in the group would be willing to travel for that!
I have no idea who organizes that event though... does anyone here know? If anyone knows, that would definitely be some incentive for me to get the guys (and gal) to start in on another Electric Mayhem tune (of which I'd post the resulting MP3 here of course). :smile: Then I could send them a demo CD.
-Mighty Ferguson

BorkBork

Reaction score
LOVE IT, LOVE IT!!!!

It's really cool. Being a music producer myself i can't help to feel that maybe the vocals should be raised a little bit. Otherwise i love it! :smile:

Erine81981

Reaction score
LOVE IT. It was cool as well as awsome. Play more. Will yea? I would love to hear more of the :big_grin: :sing: :flirt: :cool: :halo: band. So keep up the AWSOME work and keep playing. WOW!!!

Reaction score
BorkBork - Glad you like it. It definitely isn't the greatest recording or mix ever, but being a producer I'm sure you can appreciate the challenge of recording a 9 piece band live in a basement!

Erine - Thanks... I'll pass along the encouragement to everyone. :smile:

BorkBork

Reaction score
Mighty_Ferguson said:
BorkBork - Glad you like it. It definitely isn't the greatest recording or mix ever, but being a producer I'm sure you can appreciate the challenge of recording a 9 piece band live in a basement!

Erine - Thanks... I'll pass along the encouragement to everyone. :smile:
It certainly is a great piece and you have done it great. It's actually one of my favourite muppet songs. I'd love to hear some more muppet songs from you guys.

scarecroe

Reaction score
Mighty_Ferguson said:
I have no idea who organizes that event though... does anyone here know? If anyone knows ... then I could send them a demo CD.
JHC ran the first one with Creation Entertainment, so contacting both might not be a bad idea if you were interested. I can say right now that you're better than the live band they had there playing Muppet tunes in between discussion panels.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Mighty_Ferguson said:
I have no idea who organizes that event though... does anyone here know?
Jim Henson Company can be emailed at fanmail@henson.com

Creation Entertainment:
Creation Entertainment
217 S. Kenwood Street
Glendale, CA 91205
Phone: (818) 409-0960
Fax: (818) 409-0827
mailto:mcrudele@creationent.com

Send them both info NOW, and then again in a few months. Link them to your song!!

BorkBork

Reaction score
So, i'm courious. What gear do you use for your recordings?

Reaction score
scarecroe and Fozzie Bear - Thanks for the info. I'll send emails to those addresses with a link to the song. Do you know what the story is with Muppet Fest? Is it a recurring event?

BorkBork - We used a 24 Channel Mackie board with a pair of ADATs to record the song (and all the demo songs on our website actually). Drums, vocalists, and horns were mic'ed, the bass, guitar, and keys were recorded direct. I wasn't there for the mixdown, so I'm not sure what equipment was used for that. But because we just used our regular instruments and played it live to tape, it sounds pretty much exactly the same at gigs. 'Can You Picture That' works better keeping it simple I think. :wink: