Funniest Ernie & Bert moments!

Pug Lover

Reaction score
We're almost the only two on this thread.There was only one reply from Mupvisiongirl.

sixdollarman

Reaction score
Is there other ways of chatting about muppet stuff in muppet central or is this the only way? There are so many threads that I could talk about and yet so much that I need help on, it's hard to sit around and wait for someone to reply. There needs to be chatting rooms specifically for muppet fans. How about all the different Kermit News Flashes, or how many times Piggy has hit Kermit, or which muppet do we not see anymore that we miss. You seem to know your way around this place.

Pug Lover

Reaction score
A lot of my topics and replies recieve feedback.Some of them don't.Which is sometimes disappointing for me.I guess sometimes you'll get a response,other times you won't.

drmusic_99

Reaction score
All right, since no one else is replying to this thread... I'll point out what I would call the single funniest Bert and Ernie moment: The Rhyming Game

Bert: "Hippopotamus!"
(a few beats go by)
Ernie: "Uh, riptocodapus."
Bert: (restrained scream)

mupvisiongirl

Reaction score
Aw! I love going down bert and ernie memory lane! I was watching MFC last night and was reminded just how much I love the exchange between Bert and Ernie and Doc :stick_out_tongue:

sixdollarman

Reaction score
drmusic_99 said:
All right, since no one else is replying to this thread... I'll point out what I would call the single funniest Bert and Ernie moment: The Rhyming Game

(a few beats go by)

That was hilarious! I especially like the end :

Bert: Hey there lamp, that's a nice shade!
Lamp: (complete silence)

Bert walks away in disappointment.

GaryBaum6566

Reaction score
Ok, funniest Bert and Ernie moment to me was an old one from the early days. Ernie tells Bert that he wrote a note for him and tries to find it. He rummages through the waste basket, throwing trash all over the place, then through the laundry basket, throwing clothes all over the place, and then the toy box, throwing all the toys out, until Ernie finds the note in his pocket. The note read, "Dear Bert, this is a note to remind you that it is your turn to clean the apartment."

I always thought it was funny :big_grin:

sixdollarman

Reaction score
Does anyone remember the one where Bert asks Ernie how his day was and Ernie said he had a boring day even though he did get a scratch on his finger. Bert asks how he got that and Ernie proceeds to tell him about a giant accident involving buses, zoo animals, and flying saucers. I can't remember exactly how it went but it was rather funny. One thing led to another!!

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
drmusic_99 said:

(a few beats go by)
I love that, and I also love the end of the game, when Bert (as usual) has gotten really into it just as Ernie has had enough. Bert is trying to keep playing:

:frown: : Hey there lamp, that's a nice shade!

(Waits a beat, points at lamp)

:frown: : You!

Nickrj

Reaction score
What about the one where Ernie breaks the cookie jar and Bert ends up wearing a pot on his head? That one's hilarious. I'd like to get that clip as well.

Nick Johnson