1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Funniest Fraggle Rock Lines.

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by Squall Leonhart, Jun 17, 2013.

1. What do you think are the funniest lines in Fraggle Rock are? The line that always gets me is Junior in The Challenge, the exchange goes like this:
    Junior is sitting on a basket:
    Red Fraggle: Junior Gorg! Junior Gorg! Can you hear me?! Can you hear me?!
    Juniors eyes get huge and he bends down and looks at the basket.
    Junior: MY BOTTOM IS TALKING TO ME!

Pure Comic Genius.

In the Bells of Fraggle Rock.
    Cantus: I should have brought my mittens.

And Wembley in A Friend In Need. When he hits poor Sprocket and passes out.

What are your favorites? And please excuse me if this has been asked before, I searched, and didn't see anything.

2. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Marjorie saying "Oh a third course! How civilized!" always gets me.

3. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

The whole scene in the Hall of Justice in I Don't Care is great, from the bad puns about being the "chair" to Wembley saying "bliffenstimers" after the juice spills on Boober's speech.

4. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

Cantus: She'll find her song, in time.
    Murray: In time for tomorrow's medley?
    Cantus: She has a long way to go, though the journey is short. The medley will not start without her.
    [Cantus saunters off.]
    Murray: Did he answer my question?
    [Balsam nods. Brio shakes her head. Brool shrugs.]
    Murray: That's what I thought.

Wembley: I have this really great idea!
    Boober: It's dumb.
    Wembley: I have this really dumb idea!

Wembley: "Dear nephew Gobo-"
    Boober: I don't remember that one.

5. vettech28

vettech28 Well-Known Member

The funniest lines from Fraggle Rock in my opinion are all of Wembley's lines from "A Brush with Jealousy" when he tries his hand at understanding and creating expressions and figures of speech, especially "Boy, this talking business sure is tough!" or something like that, I don't remember the line word for word yet.

6. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

In Mokey and the Minstrels, Mokey misunderstands Cantus's offer to walk together as an invitation to join the Minstrels. When Mokey starts rhapsodizing, Cantus puts a hand to his face. It's a small gesture, but to me it comes across as an underplayed foreheadsmack.

7. Dominicboo1

Dominicboo1 Well-Known Member

In thye Finger of Light
    Mokey-This was supposed to be fun!
    Wrold's Oldest Fraggle-Ruling is rarely fun young lady! Wake up and smell the coffee.
    Mokey-Oh fiddlesticks!
    World's Oldest-And don't swear!

8. Beige Fraggle

Beige Fraggle Member

My mom was a Fraggle Rock fan too. She passed away in 2009, but I remember a couple of lines she always laughed heartily at.

One line was in one of the earliest episodes ("Wembley and the Gorgs" I think). Gobo says "It would be hard to have an argument with you, Wembley."

Another line was in "Uncle Matt Comes Home" when Matt and Gobo are arguing. Gobo says "You couldn't lead your way to that rock!" and Uncle Matt says "What, this rock here? This rock? This rock, Gobo?" all huffy and indignant. Mom always laughed really hard at that.

And another was in "The Battle of Leaking Roof" where Junior says to Pa "I will now pull you to the ground!" (with a rope tied around Pa's waist when he was stuck on the roof and Junior was trying to help him down).

Plus any number of Boober's lines would make my mom laugh too. He and Mokey were her favorite characters. She loved Boober's personality and Mokey's singing.

9. OrangePing

OrangePing New Member

"This banana tree shirt is so dirty. the banana trees are starting to grow." by Wembley

Philo and Gunge

"If something seems too good to be true, it usually is. by Boober.

"I maybe a gorg, but i am a mother first." by Ma Gorg.
    "Neither can I, especially my own." by Gobo

SkeetScootSquat and GopherCoffee like this.
  10. dinoboy

dinoboy Member

I always laughed when Boober tells his friends that he's hidden his perfect blue rollie in his "Hidie Hole". A cave he's made for storing his precious things. And it was when Red fraggle had said when she thought that Gobo was too scarred to explore somewhere, that "he's got cold tootsies."

SkeetScootSquat and GopherCoffee like this.
  11. CanaceErinn

CanaceErinn Member

Red (after they have finished singing "Wembley Wembley Number Nine"): Pardon me, but am I actually HOLDING Wembley?
    Gobo: You are.
    Red: Oh. (drops Wembley altogether)

And the different reactions to the love potion:

Red: *gasp* Darling!
    Mokey: (eyes widen) Beloved!
    Gobo: (turns) Sweetheart!
    Boober: Sugar Lips!(makes a beeline for Wembley)

12. SkeetScootSquat

SkeetScootSquat Active Member

Whatever Boober does,reacts to,or speaks to I find hilarious.

DerpSandwich and Yorick like this.
  13. Mary Louise

Mary Louise Active Member

From The Wizard of Fraggle Rock:

Wizard: Nothing up my sleeves...
    Wembley: Well, your arms.
    Wizard: Oh, stop it!

DrDientes and SkeetScootSquat like this.
  14. Bridget

Bridget Well-Known Member

Wembley: "Gee gobo, I've never been in love before. What do I do?"
    Mokey: "What do you do? Why, you think about your Lou, you adore her, you worship her..."
    Gobo: (Under his breath) You ditch her.

15. sesamemuppetfan

sesamemuppetfan Well-Known Member

There are a lot of lines from Fraggle Rock that I enjoy a lot! One that really sticks out comes from The Cavern of Lost Dreams, during the scene where Gobo is starting to have had enough with Cotterpin's yakking. He dryly tells her: "Look, I'm doing you a favor! When one creature does another creature a favor, THAT OTHER CREATURE SHOULD KEEP HER LITTLE MOUTH ZIPPERED!" In the 8 years that I've been watching this show, this is one of the many lines that I still have in my head to this very day.

Of course there are a lot more, and as soon as I get back into the swing of watching the show, I'll talk about it on here.

iluvfragglerock likes this.
  16. Grifoshka

Grifoshka Active Member

Wembley, in Space Frog Follies: "Oh, little Space Frog, calm down. It's your old pal Wembley out here. I'm going to look after you now, but first I have to go do some dancing!" The funniest thing is that he says that in such a panicked and serious tone.:)

Boober, in Beginnings: "It's always exciting in Fraggle Rock. That's what's wrong with the place."

WemblinFool18 likes this.
  17. WemblinFool18

WemblinFool18 Active Member

I think my favorite joke comes from "Scared Silly", after Wembley thinks he blew everyone up.

Philo: "Wait a minute, wait a minute, wait a minute! Noone blew up."
    Wembley: "OH YEAH? Then what are we doing here, huh? Answer that!"

And later
    Wembley: "We wouldn't be in the land of having blown up if we hadn't blown up, now would we? Huh? HUH? WOULD WE?":)

18. WemblinFool18

WemblinFool18 Active Member

Also:

Boober: Look, the rock is cracked!
    Gobo: The rock and who else?

19. chrisyroid

chrisyroid New Member

Jr Gorg: "That's the best laugh I've had since I dropped dead."

Last edited: Jul 23, 2014
  20. Auburn Red

Auburn Red New Member

I always liked Doc's interpreting Sprocket's heartfelt speech about Fluffenella in "Marooned:" "No dog is a pancake...I mean an island, no dog is an island!" (Just Sprocket's gestures and Doc's melodramatic interpretation crack me up every time. That is one eloquent mutt there. :D)

I also like Red and Gobo's conversation after Mokey mentions the long poem in "Capture the Moon" being rhapsodic:
    Red: Does rhapsodic mean boring?
    Gobo: I don't think so.
    Red: Then she's wrong.

I also like Jr. Gorg not getting the "dark isn't it" running gag from "I Want to Be You": "Well yes Fraggle it is rather dark in here now that you mention it"