Funniest Muppet Moment

cherrypotion27

Reaction score
Question for everyone out there: what do you consider to be the funniest Muppet moment? I know of tons, but I guess my fav would be "The Amazing Marvin Suggs and his Muppaphones Perform The Lady of Spain". Although I feel for those poor Muppaphones, "The Lady of Spain" set to a chorus of yelps and ows just cracks me up. If you listen closely, you can hear a Muppaphone mutter "another day, another headache". Hilarious! (envisions Marvin Suggs using her ex-boyfriend Paul in place of the Muppaphones. Yes, I know I'm cruel. See? I told you I'm insane!):big_grin: :big_grin:

Tonichelle

Reaction score
Manha Manha (ok so I can't spell it) that whole song cracks me up everytime... and watching it is even funnier than just singing the song!

Beauregard

Reaction score
Ooh, I have a few...just a few. :halo:

From The Muppet Movie:
(in no particular order)
The Chef "De Flim is ookidokie."
Gonzo landing on the car and saying, "I'm baack!" ("I don't understand any of this...")
The snow on the windscreen. ("Is it meant to be snowing?"
The map. ("Why don't we just follow this wiggly blue line?")
Dr Teeth reading the screenplay.
Piggy's phone call. ("Commercial? How much? When? Ummm...goodbye!")

From Muppet Caper:

Lady Holiday. ("...looking like barn-yard animals.")
Beauregard's Taxi driving ("Of course! I live there, I just don't know how to get there.")
The bed...genious. ("Could someone turn out the lights?" "Thank you.")
The whole Rooservelt thing. ("Oh! No wonder he didn't come to visit me, he was finishing law school." "Its been 45 minutes...")

The Muppets Take Manhatten:

Huggies... ("You gave her the huggies???")
Rowlf's postcard ("That was the most humiliating moment of my entire life.")
Fozzie's postcard ("My name's Beth...")
Piggy spying on Kermit. ("It's New York.")

Muppet Christmas Carol:

Gonzo's introduction... ("Well, there's a little mole on my thumb.")
The jellybeans ("You're an idiot.")
The turkey's ("We've been kidnapped!")
Sam ("It's the American way...oh...")
And...well...anything that Gonzo says, basicly.

Muppet Treasure Island:

Gonzo and Rizzo's pupils. ("We're gunna be rich!" "We're gunna be dead!")
Clueless Morgan ("Huh?")
Mrs Bluebridge spashing through the wall. ("Run boys!")
Blind Pew. ("I think I sme-e-ell something burning, eh?")
Black Dog. ("Oh woof...")
Billy Bones. ("Jim, Jim, Jimmy, Jim jim jim!")
Mr Arrow/Sam. Seriously...everything he says is amazing. ("This does not look safe!")
The torture scene. ("I don't even like basket ball!")
Spa'am. ("Take bulgy-eyed, flippy-floppy one away.")
The rats. ("Here is a photo oppertunity you will not want to miss!")
Lew Zealand knitting a pirate flag.
The songs...the pirate designs...Miss Piggy...The innuendos...the fight scene...Jim...everything except Fozzie was at the absolute top notch standart of entertainment.

Muppet's From Space:

Um...WAS there anything funny?
Ok...hmm...nope. I'm not seeing anything.
Ahh! Phil Van Neauter. That was it.

Kermit's Swamp Years:

Kermit in the cook pot. ("Kill you, and cook you, and eat you alive!")

It's A Very Merry Muppet Christmas:

The title!
Whoppi Goldberg ("Don't you love the big voice?")
Pepe...need I say more?
Rachel Bitterman
Piggy singing "Santa Baby."
Though most of the movie was bittersweet, there were a lot of funny moments.

Mwoo:

Pepe. He ruled this movie.
Johnny. He was second-in-command of this movie.
That's about it. :stick_out_tongue:

cherrypotion27

Reaction score
Great Fraggle Rock moments

While watching a few episodes of Fraggle Rock last night from my new Fraggle Rock First Season DVD set, I found some really great Fraggle moments:

1.) In "The Challenge", Gobo and Red turn Boober's funeral dirge for himself when he dies into a jazzy tune, just to get past the Gorgs. I also love how that scene ended with Boober going "nyah" to the Gorgs, just like Philo and Gunge.
2.) Wembley's "Learn to Love a Wimp" song (Wembley, a wimp? A bit indecisive maybe, but a wimp? Still think the song was hilarious though).

3.)Scenes from a later episode with Boober testing the health of Fraggle tails by scaring their owners, with poor Wembley being Boober's, for lack of a better word, "victim". I especially loved it when Boober scares the wits out of Wembley, says "Its all in the timing" and gives Wembley a kiss on the cheek. Why does that kiss remind me of Bugs Bunny (laughs)?

But my ultimate favorite funny Fraggle moment has to be in "We Love You, Wembley", when Boober gets a whiff of the love potion and calls Wembley "sugar lips!" and proceeds to smother Wembley with kisses. Hysterical!

Patricia/cherrypotion27

Kiki

Reaction score
Funniest Muppet Moments...

• The Harry Belafonte episode of TMS. Fozzie was CLASSIC! I love the beginning ("Kermit the forg... the forg?!"), the bit were Fozzie gets his tie stuck in the typewriter, and when he keeps interupting and ruining Harry's 'Banana Boat' song.
  • 'The Happy Wanderer' sketch, with the three hiking pigs and the evil goat.
  • When Gonzo is with John Denver, discussing his mold garden, erlack!
  • The dressing-room scene when John denver is talking to Piggy about all the alligators and the spiders etc that live in the swamp. I love it when John cracks up laughing!
  • Two words: Clueless. Morgan. 'Nuff said!!
  • The Muppet penguins... they're great.
  • The Cowboy sketch on the first episode of TMS.
  • 'Cabin Fever'.
  • Muppet Treasure Island. It's just a funny movie. :big_grin:
  • That bit in the GMC where Kermit, Fozzie and Gonzo are on the bus. (Fozzie: "Did I get my elbow in the shot?" Gonzo: "Don't worry it adds human interest." Fozzie: "But I'm a bear.") I *think* that's how it goes.
  • The whole 'huggies' thing in MTM. Classic!
  • Kermit and Piggy's row in the GMC. Funny stuff!
  • And MORE!

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
'The Happy Wanderer' sketch, with the three hiking pigs and the evil goat
Incidentally that is my all time favourite Muppet Show Sketch.:big_grin:
It's the one I provided a link to in my post above. Great comedy number though I do feel a little sorry for the hiking pigs. Only a little sorry mind you though.:wink:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Oh! How could I forget the GMC row between Piggy and Kermie.

Actually, I love all the forth-wall breaking moments in that movie, and all the Muppet Movies.

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Beaker singing "Feelings" to a hostile crowd STILL leaves me rolling on the floor in laughter.

Beaker, The Swedish Chef & Animal doing "Danny Boy" is another brilliant piece of hilarity.

The Cowboy sketch from the Juliet Prowse episode has a lot of funny stuff going on.

The hapless Lenny the Lizard performing "Inchworm" (or is it "Glow-worm?") from the Rich Little episode, ultimately being devoured by a monster (this was based on the old bit Kermit used to do on various TV shows).

"Good grief, the comedian's a bear!" a classic Kermit & Fozzie routine from the Harvey Korman ep. I love how Kermit loses his patience.

Fozzie's "impressions" that all sound the same during one of his stand-up routines.

Fozzie's claim that he could turn anything into a joke ("amoeba!") during another stand-up routine.

Statler & Waldorf's various comments throughout the series.