Funniest Muppet Moment

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
I posted one of my favorite funny TMS moments above, when Fozzie claims he can turn any word into a joke. Statler & Waldorf's heckling is great, especially when they shout "ameoba!"

S&W: Ameoba!

Fozzie: Sorry, no foreign words.

Waldorf: The word is only foreign to you!

anytimepally

Reaction score
I also love the times when The Count just can't stop counting.. the "One Potato" sketch, "The Count's First Day of School," just to name two.. it's like watching someone lose his mind right on the TV screen.. and no one can make a muppet seem totally insane better than Jerry Nelson :crazy:

peyjenk

Reaction score
I was watching the Kaye Ballard episode yesterday, and when Kermit came onstage and slipped the first time, I almost lost it.

anytimepally

Reaction score
Another of my funniest Muppet Moments was when Miss Piggy was on Regis & Kathie Lee promoting her cookbook.. Frank Oz was just awesome!

aimeram

Reaction score
One of my all time favorites is "Good grief the comedian's a bear"

I love the entire John Cleese and Star Wars episodes.

I also really loved the Vet's hospital with all the telephone jokes.

I'm sure there are more, but I can't think of them right now.

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
For me, the funniest moment is when Kermit and Piggy are singing Love Led Us Here in Muppet Treasure Island. For the span of that three minutes, everything is pitch-perfect (not to discredit the rest of the movie - it's definitely one of my favorites!). The cuts between this incredibly heartfelt, romantic song and the pirates prancing around the treasure, smothering themselves in gold and jewelry... wonderful. And then you end it all with Piggy's rope snapping, her falling to her doom, only to be saved by Kermit... and then you get Piggy thanking Kermit, completely oblivious to the fact that he's obviously about to snap in two...

Sigh. This is what the Muppets are all about for me.

dabauckham

Reaction score
I absolutely love all the screen test bits in England for the Muppet Movie, like when Kermit and Fozzie are sitting under the tree, and Kermit has to convince Fozzie that he's a puppet ("You're a fake bear!") The obvious closeness between Jim Henson and Frank Oz are so warmly felt here, in these amazing, charming adlibs. And let's not forget Fozzie trying to talk to the cows! LOL!

peyjenk

Reaction score
One of my all time favorites is "Good grief the comedian's a bear"
My best friend and I have done this sketch twice at our summer camp. :smile: We tweaked the dialogue a bit since neither one of us is a bear or a frog, but it was tons of fun and the crowd loved it both times. The first time, I was in the Kermit part and he was did the Fozzie schtick, then the second time we swapped.

We used a teddy bear with a bowtie and changed it to "Look! It's a bear!" "No it's a-not! It's a-wearin' a bow-a-tie!"