Futurama Fans

Frunobulax

Reaction score
Cartoon Network's Adult Swim got the rights to all the episodes of Futurama, and will be airing them starting in January in chronological order.

beaker

Reaction score
It's really a shame Futurama has been all but canned. Did you guys see the epsiode where they bring back a guy from the 'me me me' era of 80's excess and wallstreet? Brilliant!

Also, from a technical standpoint Futurama kicks Simpsons butt up and down. Why in the world cant Simpsons employ more of the cgi of Futurama? I mean I know it doesnt look like the 1987 Tracey Ulman shorts(Cant believe the Simpsons have been around for 15 years) but still. Also, I seriosuly cant stomach the Simpsons anymore. Its gotten so cryptic and cringingly creepy
in the last season or so Im wondering how its still so popular.
And edgy is my middle name, yet every time I watch the Simpsons now days I feel the urgent need to take a shower.

I find myself oddly enough liking King of The Hill more for its more subtle, down home approach.

As for Adult Swim, I have no idea why its called that. They mangle and edit anime like crazy on there, and rarely show anything above a 'TV-PG'. Adult Swim sounds more fitted to something on the SPICE channel.

Finally, why didnt fox put Futurama at a more desirable timeslot?(say 8:30...much rather watch futuristic takes on pop culture than adolecent hijinks with no laugh track)

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker

Finally, why didnt fox put Futurama at a more desirable timeslot?(say 8:30...much rather watch futuristic takes on pop culture than adolecent hijinks with no laugh track)
That has always got me too. I do not care much for Malcom, though I think it's much funnier now that they have Kennith Mars as a Germanic Farmhand. I actually WATCH the show now.

They had a decent half hour to put it in, now that X-Files is gone, but instead moved Malcom, and gave him doublle episodes, until someone put back the Andy Richter show (which is EXACTLY like Malcom, only with an older, fatter star!)

Simpsons has gotten a bit weird lately, especially last nights episode. It's just soley for making gags now. Ian Maxtone Graham may be behind this (I say his name because.. well, it's fun to say! Ian Maxtone Graham!)

The episode with the 1980's exec was pretty funny, though! I laughed so hard when he kept doing the Safety Dance. Ome time I had to run to the art store before class and they were playing it, and it got SOOOOOOOOOOOOO annoying, because I couldn't find the right paint, and I couldn't write a check...

I have that on tape somewhere!