Future Muppet Replicas Wishlist

JJandJanice

Reaction score
I wouldn't be suprised if Robin did become a replica. He's small and simple, so he'd be fairly cheap.
Yeah that's true, but I don't think MR is going to put out a Muppet unless there is a want for him, and I don't know how many fans would really want a Robin Photo puppet replica other than the most hardcore fans. Know what I mean?

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
Yeah that's true, but I don't think MR is going to put out a Muppet unless there is a want for him, and I don't know how many fans would really want a Robin Photo puppet replica other than the most hardcore fans. Know what I mean?
I think here we would have the same problem as with Scooter. It all depends on who they are aiming the line at. I think he might win against Scooter simply and the manufacturing front (he would be a lot cheaper and also easier to re-create) but it's anybody's guess whether he would sell as well. From an interactive point of view tho, he would go well when posed with other replicas.

MWoO

Reaction score
Scooter isn't Robin though. Robin is a very plain design. He's just a frog. Kermit is the most famous frog and he hasn't sold out. Scooter, however, is visually stimulating. There is a lot going on with his outfit and over all design. He just looks cooler, And really, isn't that more important when buying a display piece?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Scooter really pops - both in color and structure. The fact that Robin is smaller wouldn't necessarily make him that much less expensive than, say, a Kermit replica. Scooter's jacket and sneakers could make for a heafty pricetag, however. The gofer still gets my vote. But, along with Gonzo, I'm partial to the character. He's in my (very old) staff pic! :wink:

I'm certain Scooter could sell hundreds of pieces, but could he reach near 1,000? I just don't know. :sympathy: I'd like to think so.

Telly

Reaction score
It's harder to decide who I'd want for replicas. In the back of my head, I keep thinking of it like the Palisades figures. The problem with that is there were roughly five figures to a series and about two or three series per year rather than three posers per year (if that's what MR is still aiming for).
With the main four either done or in the works....
Kermit
Gonzo
Fozzie
Piggy
Rizzo

Here's my list
Rowlf
Pepe
Scooter
Camilla

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
It would be nice to have a Camilla....Gonzo's girlfriend!

MWoO

Reaction score
Scooter really pops - both in color and structure. The fact that Robin is smaller wouldn't necessarily make him that much less expensive than, say, a Kermit replica. Scooter's jacket and sneakers could make for a heafty pricetag, however. The gofer still gets my vote. But, along with Gonzo, I'm partial to the character. He's in my (very old) staff pic! :wink:

I'm certain Scooter could sell hundreds of pieces, but could he reach near 1,000? I just don't know. :sympathy: I'd like to think so.
Good point about the jacket and sneakers. Though Gonzo has a full suit and shoes and Animal is clothes so maybe it won't be too much more than them. As for hom moving thousands of units, I dunno. Certainly possible if they think Rizzo can. I mean I love Rizzo as a character, but Scooter is cool too. Rizzo totally stole his spot. :frown:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I mean I love Rizzo as a character, but Scooter is cool too. Rizzo totally stole his spot. :frown:
That rat! He he. And Rizzo has a jacket that would have to be made from scratch too. :wink:

goodrastus

Reaction score
While a lot of people would want heaps of characters outside Kermit, Animal, Gonzo, Fozzie and Piggy I would want:

Rizzo
Rowlf
Scooter
Pepe
Beaker
Bunsen

While the Electric Mayhem, Robin and my personal favourite Sam would be fantastic, I think that would stretch being realistic.

Although if MR think generic muppets would sell, I wouldn't say no to chickens and penguins!

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
Any idea how MR come about making choices for new replicas? Do they just choose one at random or do they actually do a survey for it? Or is it down to whoever Muppets Holding decide to let them release?