Galavant "Thoughts"

Drtooth

Reaction score
I can't remember if I was ranting about it on this thread, but it seems Utopia bit the dust, thankfully. And in its place, a week off rerun of Simpsons and Bob's Burgers.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I can't remember if I was ranting about it on this thread, but it seems Utopia bit the dust, thankfully. And in its place, a week off rerun of Simpsons and Bob's Burgers.
That show is not cancelled yet, the cancellation bear has not caught up to it yet, but it would be funny if it was, because there is a billboard advertising it around my area, so they would be advertising a cancelled show, anyways with the looks of that show's ratings, it it a goner.

Drtooth

Reaction score
If it isn't quite cancelled, it seems that it's been off the air for 2 weeks. Like I said before, it's a dead horse concept who's horse died early on last decade. I have no idea why there are viewers still watching Survivor. That's a gum that lost its flavor long ago. But making a knockoff of it in 2014? I don't care how cheap they are. Hopefully the thing will seriously get cancelled, Brooklyn Nine Nine will get that Tuesday Slot, and Bob's wouldn't be given the NFL preempty slot.

That said, I saw the stand up opening of Mulheny, and even the stand up comedy bits are painfully 90's. Gave up on it a minute in. Hopefully the rest of the country does.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
If it isn't quite cancelled, it seems that it's been off the air for 2 weeks. Like I said before, it's a dead horse concept who's horse died early on last decade. I have no idea why there are viewers still watching Survivor. That's a gum that lost its flavor long ago. But making a knockoff of it in 2014? I don't care how cheap they are. Hopefully the thing will seriously get cancelled, Brooklyn Nine Nine will get that Tuesday Slot, and Bob's wouldn't be given the NFL preempty slot.

That said, I saw the stand up opening of Mulheny, and even the stand up comedy bits are painfully 90's. Gave up on it a minute in. Hopefully the rest of the country does.
No one really likes that show as I have read from the reviews, and the reviews also say that it is a Seinfeld rip off, so because of that I might give it a look on Hulu, but I will not watch that show, and even if it is like early Seinfeld, no one liked the Seinfeld pilot, but that was a different era where shows had time to evolve, all I can see Mulaney lasting is maybe a few more episodes at most, and at least one more episode.

Drtooth

Reaction score
There have been a rash of 90's throwback sitcoms, and they've all failed and failed hard. This isn't even the quality of a Seinfeld ripoff, this is the quality of a bad ripoff of a bad ripoff of Seinfeld that was between Seinfeld and ER in the 90's. And I really feel bad for Martin Short. Apparently, according to TV Tropes his career is over with because he hosted some bad Canadian America's got Talent localization that was a flop. So he got roped into this terrible series.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
There have been a rash of 90's throwback sitcoms, and they've all failed and failed hard. This isn't even the quality of a Seinfeld ripoff, this is the quality of a bad ripoff of a bad ripoff of Seinfeld that was between Seinfeld and ER in the 90's. And I really feel bad for Martin Short. Apparently, according to TV Tropes his career is over with because he hosted some bad Canadian America's got Talent localization that was a flop. So he got roped into this terrible series.
After watching a minute on Hulu I just gave up, it was terrible. In other news, I love black ish again, seriously the episode last night was so funny that I literally fell on the floor laughing, and even better it just got a full season order of 22 episodes, I am glad it is getting good ratings and more episodes, it really deserved the order.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The minority show ghetto is a heck of a thing. There's a lot of great shows we just lost because there because it somehow it scares white people off. I'm glad that this show is coming into its own. It has a strong night of programming to back it up. No "Back in the Game" or "Better with You" (I forget the title of it, and I'm wondering if that's it, certainly not to be confused with Better Off Ted).

Christa doesn't look like a show that would appeal to me, but I'm glad Hispanics are getting representation on something besides Sesame Street. I haven't seen anything that represents them since George Lopez... or maybe if you want to count Mucha Lucha and El Tigre. But it could be worse. American Girl was the first and only show to appeal to an Asian culture, and it got canned almost immediately.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Christa doesn't look like a show that would appeal to me, but I'm glad Hispanics are getting representation on something besides Sesame Street. I haven't seen anything that represents them since George Lopez... or maybe if you want to count Mucha Lucha and El Tigre. But it could be worse. American Girl was the first and only show to appeal to an Asian culture, and it got canned almost immediately.
There was one a couple years ago starring Rob Schneider, which was predictably awful, and was canned after only 8 episodes.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah. I blanked that one from my mind because the key word is Rob Schneider.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
90s nostalgia seems to be the really big thing in entertainment right now, but then again, nostalgia seems to always come in 20-year spans, and it has been roughly 20 years or so since the 90s...

But yeah, so many sitcoms seem to try and recreate the magic of SEINFELD which cannot be recreated; at the same time, a lot of these new medical dramas that have been coming out the last few years all admit that they want to be this generation's M*A*S*H - it just can't be done.