1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Game Suggestions Thread

Discussion in 'Games' started by Fozzie Bear, Jul 13, 2008.

1. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Hmm... Storyline sounds good, I'm not going to bog it down with minute details of how cruise disembarkings and reboardings work. Mini-games sound feasible as well, although I kind of wonder how a costume contest would work. If you mean Mardi Gras, I'd recommend you make the mini-games more related to that specific event/theme though. Give it some more thought and we can keep this discussion going so it can be started ASAP if you want it to be in time for Mardi Gras as the first themed period of gameplay.

dwayne1115 likes this.
  2. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

OK Good I'm glad you are liking most of what I already have, and as far as the mini games I was doing some searching as to Mardi Gras games and those that I posted where some of the more popular. I will do some more research to find some more mini games and get them setup as quickly as I can.

This will be my first real RPG, and since I want to tie in the folks from Hensonville I want to do this right!

3. dwayne1115

So after doing some more reading to games people play during Mardi Gras, there are two main ones trivia, and a scavenger hunt. Now we maybe able to do both, but that would mean having to come up with trivia questions, and clues for the hunt. I could do them both, but if someone wanted to help with one or both of them I would not mind at all.

As for the trivia they suggest doing a history of the holiday,but I think being the S.S Henson it would make more sense doing Muppet/Henson Trivia.

For the Scavenger hunt, since the rooms are all based Muppet/Henson productions the clues would then Muppet/Henson related so people could know what room, and or location to look for clues.

4. The Count

This seems to be taking shape. What I would recommend is you type up a game summary, along with a list of rules for the overall RPG. Include the fact that there will be various activities/mini-games from time to time that you will add as the RPG progresses, and then provide a separate post with the rules for each individual activity/mini-game when the time comes. Once you've got the general gameplay rules written down, send them to me and I'll start the game for you to take over as host after that.

dwayne1115 likes this.
  5. dwayne1115

Another game idea by Dwayne!

Forgive me if this has already been thought of, but what a Muppet Survivor? We would have two Muppet themed tribes on a remote island trying to survive.

6. The Count

Yes, Muppet Survivor has been done here before. I competed in it as :batty: the first time, and had to sub for the original gamehost the second time. So a third edition wouldn't be out of the question, but I suggest you get people genuinely interested and involved in participating in the game, lest it turn out like the Party Cruise dead thread.

MikaelaMuppet and dwayne1115 like this.
  7. dwayne1115

I completely agree I just wish I could people excited about stuff.

8. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

Cool game ideas, I would play if we ever do them.

kiss96, MikaelaMuppet and dwayne1115 like this.
  9. muppetgem

muppetgem Well-Known Member

Can I start my own version of "Unscramble the Muppet"? My posts got deleted when I tried to start the old one back up, and I think it would be a fun game to play with the newer members.

MikaelaMuppet likes this.
  10. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

How about a game where you form a band or switching the characters/personalities around?

11. The Count

Muppetgem, only staff members are allowed to start game threads.

If people have ideas for games using the various Muppet characters, please develop them with an endpoint in mind, as well as rules, and then when you've got everything ready you can propose your idea in this thread.

MikaelaMuppet likes this.
  12. muppetgem

I have a new game idea called "3 Words".

Basically, you have to guess the Muppet, Sesame Street, Fraggle Rock, etc. character using only the 3 word clue provided, and the first member to guess the character correctly has to post a different clue.

For example, if I posted the clue "furry red monster" and someone guessed Elmo, then they would post a different clue, and so on.

Rules:
    - Clues can ONLY have 3 words.
    - Clues can be easy, but try not to make them too obvious.

So what do you think? I hope this is easy to understand and that I explained it well enough. I'm not very good at explaining things...

Mo Frackle likes this.
  13. The Count

The above idea was explained well, but it needs a bit of refinement since there are certain words that could be used for more than one Muppet character. For example: Furry Blue Monster could apply to Cookie Monster as well as Grover as well as Herry Monster. Also, it would get fairly boring if the same three words are used constantly or the same character gets chosen multiple times by different people like what happened in the Muppet Geography game. Not saying this idea is a bad one, just needs a bit more refining.

14. muppetgem

Okay, I understand.

15. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Okay, next rule. You can't pick a character that someone else has already done, and you can't mention the color of the character, unless it's a more obscure character like say, Big Mean Mama or Shivers the Penguin. It makes it a bit more challenging and fun, not only for the guesser, but also the one giving clues.