1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Games Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Games' started by Fozzie Bear, Oct 14, 2005.

1. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

This thread is dedicated to discussion of games. It is different from the Game Suggestions Thread, so place all suggestions there. It is different from the RPG Rules and Q&A Thread, which you will need to post ONLY about RPGS there.

Discussions about rules and comments about the games can be placed here, that way it does not interrupt the flow of the games.
  2. Kimp the Shrimp

Kimp the Shrimp Active Member

Can we close a couple games we have a bunch nobody plays
  3. Fozzie Bear

Actually, if a thread goes for 60 or 90 days with no posts in it, I think it's automatically archived or deleted anyways.
  4. Kimp the Shrimp

really it should be 30 days
  5. Fozzie Bear

It's just the way the message boards work, not the particular forum. Post that in Feedback and see if Phillip can change it as such?
  6. Kimp the Shrimp

7. Fozzie Bear

Not a prob, wascawy wabbit!
  8. sugarbritchez

sugarbritchez Active Member

I think that in the Postcard game people should mention the item they are talking about either in the postcard in () brackets or at the bottom of their posts. I know when you visually see them on TV it makes sense but when they just describe them on here....sometimes I am confused at what they are talking about..........but then again I confuse easily.

Just a suggestion..............

Angie
  9. Fozzie Bear

I think that's part of the game, though. It's like, you knew what I was letting Matt write about. Some of them can be confusing, but the part of the game there is that the writer has to figure out how to describe it best to make it work like a riddle of sorts.
  10. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

We need a story line in the new RPG, we shouldn't be spending the game laying on the beach and eating coconuts, we need a story line. And I think we also need a game master. Is skellingtonjack the game master? If so, he needs to post in the thread and get it on the right track.
  11. Fozzie Bear

Yeah, Skellington Jack is the Game Host. (Master is too...I dunno...I prefer Host).
  12. sugarbritchez

Well if there is not going to be any direction in the game, then I may just pull out of it. It seems like it is going no-where....and quickly losing interest from a lot of folks.
  13. Fozzie Bear

*sigh* Such is the case with most RPGs these days it seems. Even after I verify that the Game Host is willing to participate daily in the game and that it will have some plot.

Keep in mind, too, that RPGs are NOT played on Sat and Sun since some folks are away from their computers (at least whenever I've game hosted it).
  14. sugarbritchez

Yeah I know and I am away from a computer on weekends too.......but this host only participated once or twice....and you know that I like doing the RPG's and ususally try to keep them going even during down time, but this time......it has been.....boring and stuck in the same spot for a week. I think the idea is good....but it is going no where fast.

On the other hand we don't know what has happened to the host so I am giving it a few more days to start going on track before I back out.
  15. Fozzie Bear

If he's not back by Friday, I'll appoint a new game host to carry it on--unless someone posts back that if Skellington Jack doesn't post again by Friday I should just close the thread?
  16. sugarbritchez

Yeah but he didn't do anything really.......it is still left hanging doing nothing.
  17. sugarbritchez

Well Normally the Host is the one who leads us in the direction he wants the story to go. It has to be maintained or it gets lost (so to speak) The whole outline to a story should be done before the game even starts....the characters (us) just add fun to the story along the way. If I am not mistaken that is how these games work.......but I could be wrong.
  18. sugarbritchez

Sorry Ya'll but I am going to cut out of this RPG........there is nothing happening, no direction, and I have given the host a few days to get the story going and nothing significant has happened. I will follow the story off and on and if something becomes of it, I will play again if Piggy hasnt' been taken over by someone else.

Sorry again.
  19. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

I'm gonna have to follow you out on that one Angie, there's nothing happening in the game at all. So Floyd has left the island.
  20. zeldazipple

zeldazipple New Member

I was going to joine this too but seeing that it's really not going anywhere I won't bother. I was going to try to be Gobo or Mokey, but I can play a few other Muppet and none muppet charecters dosen't have to be Fraggles. If something becomes of this one, or if I new RPG is started then I'll try to be a part pf that. I never did a RPG before so I thought this might be a good start.