Garfield Movie Update

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
Well, here's the trailer. Here are two things I'm not sure about. (I was going to say 'don't like', but that seemed too strong at such an eary stage.)
  1. I take back what I said about being glad they made the CGI image look like the cartoon character. It looks like they took the toon head and placed it on a real cats body.
  2. Is that supposed to be Odie?
I would also like to point out that just because a movie is based on a comic, doesn't mean you should make the sets so colorful. We already know it's not a cartoon! Don't try to trick us into thinking it is!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure about the rest of the trailer, but I dig the way CG Garfield looks. A good compromise of toon and cat. The eyes are the main thing that look toon on him and I'm glad they do. Wish the same could have been done for Odie. I know it would have been hard to translate him, but the real dog just doesn't do it for me. Will have to wait and see. CG looks better than Scooby Doo. The spirit of the character is intact. I'm cautiously optimistic. Thanks for the post! :excited:

movielad

Reaction score
Yes, Garfield does look pretty good in CG form. I also agree that not having Odie also as a CG character is something that should been done as you're not going to get the same kind of personality as we've all come to know and love from the cartoon strip (or the animated series). Oh well, these things always go through strange transitions from one media form to another..

Regards,

Martyn

Drtooth

Reaction score
I don't understand Odie not beinfg a CGI... I mean, you whent that route with Garfield... might as well make Odie too... it looks far too disconnected. In all honesty... Jim Davis really should see this movie sort of the way Scrooge saw how his death would be... it's his oppertunity to go back and change everything... maybe even writing the comics again..

i love Garfield, and I am really really upset by how bad this movie is going to be.... :frown:

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
Let's go over the prosses.
  1. Wait for the movie to come out.
  2. Then start declairing that it sucks.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Other than the CGI Garfield (which would make a good short film by itself) this movie will undoubtably suck. I mean, you can't kick a real puppy off a table... why in God's name didn't they bother to make a CGI Odie? This movie may have potential, but I really think that it's squandered. They could have done a million times better with casting and they could have freaking made a CGI Odie... that's all I ask of them... a CGI Odie voiced by Greg Berger.... that would have made the difference...

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
they showed the garfield trailer in the movie stuck on you. after the trailer, my dad and i looked at each other thinking this is going to be really dumb. from the look of the trailer, the movie may not be that good.....

ryan

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
dmx10101 said:
I'd rather have a animated Garfield movie.
yeah me too.

speaking of which, how come they never show the garfield holiday episode where he has to go to john's families house. they used to show that and the claymation christmas special back in the late 80's to early 90's.

ryan

jediX

Reaction score
Toon Disney shows Garfield & Friends daily, I think, so I'm suprised they, Family, or Disney havn't showed that.