Gas Prices.. Tooting around town for a low price?

Beth C

Reaction score
With the rising price of gas here in Florida, I thought I might just check and see how different the prices can be within a certain radius of my house.

Right now we are ranging from $2.85/gal at the Super Walmart all the way up to $3.19 at an independent station about 2 miles from my house. I've never seen prices this crazy before. Usually all stations are within a few cents of each other, no more than a nickel's difference.

How are the prices by you? This can't be isolated here, can it?

What kind of car do you drive? I'm driving a beat up old 1993 Chevy Corsica with dents in the doors..lol. It is better than walking, though!

Post up people, let's see who's got the cheapest gas still!

~Beth C

jediX

Reaction score
It varies within the $3 range here in the Denver metro area, but before the huge boom last week it was around $2.49 or so. The lowest I've seen was around in the past couple of days was $2.89 and the highest was $3.10 (regular/unleaded). I drive a platinum/silver 2000 Grand Am and it gets pretty good mileage so I haven't had to fill up lately; thank goodness.

rtgentry

Reaction score
Lowest here in pleasanton , south of san antonio is 2.68 highest 2.89

anathema

Reaction score
Try ~$6.50/US gallon. This is slightly higher than normal - prices have jumped slightly in the last week for obvious reasons - but not by much.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The lowest here in *********, ********* is $3.25. The highest here is $3.49.

Beauregard

Reaction score
You live in a Swareing-curseword town, D'Snowth? *just kidding*

Anth, what mean you? How do the american prices compare to english?

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
My understanding is that while US gas prices have been going up, Europe still pays way more than we do.
Anyways, around here... here being Illinois, a little south of Wisconsin... half way between Chicago and Milwaukee... Um, anyways, gas is about 3-something dollars. I don't know exact, seeing as I don't drive, and therefore do not pay for gas. I do however know that my sister drove from here to Rochester Institute of Technology (that's in New York) yesterday and she was estimating she would pay about... oh, shoot, I forget what she was saying. Oh well, it was a lot.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Who is good at math?! I want to figure out what litres of a canadian dollar is equal to gallons of an american dollar.
The highest I've seen it so far is a dollar thirty-two point 1, or something.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Good gracious *doing the figures* Your's is much less than ours!!!

Ours is $6!!!!

What the heck be you folks fussing about!!!