Gas Prices.. Tooting around town for a low price?

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Prices shot to over $3.00 a gallon last week and then settled back at $2.79 over the weekend. Here's what's funny though, usually there's higher prices and lower prices around town. Right now, EVERY gas station around my city has prices at $2.79!

anathema

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
Anth, what mean you? How do the american prices compare to english?
In the UK, 75% of the price at the pump is tax. In terms of the actual cost of the fuel, we pay less than the US. My local petrol station was at 89.9p/litre last week; it's now at 93.9.

General information: the US gallon is 128 fluid ounces. The Imperial gallon is 160 fluid ounces. These equate to (roughly) 3.75 and 4.5 litres respectively.

McFraggle

Reaction score
I paid $3.09 last week, and now it is down to around $2.89 to $2.99. :crazy:

Beauregard

Reaction score
anathema said:
In the UK, 75% of the price at the pump is tax. In terms of the actual cost of the fuel, we pay less than the US. My local petrol station was at 89.9p/litre last week; it's now at 93.9.

General information: the US gallon is 128 fluid ounces. The Imperial gallon is 160 fluid ounces. These equate to (roughly) 3.75 and 4.5 litres respectively.
Ahh! Thank ye kindly good sir.

Krazedmuppet

Reaction score
jediX said:
It varies within the $3 range here in the Denver metro area, but before the huge boom last week it was around $2.49 or so. The lowest I've seen was around in the past couple of days was $2.89 and the highest was $3.10 (regular/unleaded). I drive a platinum/silver 2000 Grand Am and it gets pretty good mileage so I haven't had to fill up lately; thank goodness.
Anybody else only have money for gas and bills and thats it?!

I swear, 2 weeks ago it was 2.69 for premium gas (cuz my car is an expencive date) and one week later- 3.10. It hurts, it really does :cry:

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Paid something like $19.99 yesterday for half a tank.Was so surreal to watch the numbers go up that high.Had on a radio program yesterday too,how many hours(for those of us working) would you have to work,to pay 10 gallons worth or $35.00 at $3.50? I would have to work at least 4 hrs.($10.00 per hour).Just curious what the cost of gas will be in the months to come...:smirk:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
YAY! Gas prices are finally going down today! So far, the highest I've seen today was $3.09! That's much better than $3.49! Besides, for our car, it's 2.87 (that's the lowest yet for mid-grade).

Krazedmuppet

Reaction score
D'Snowth said:
YAY! Gas prices are finally going down today! So far, the highest I've seen today was $3.09! That's much better than $3.49! Besides, for our car, it's 2.87 (that's the lowest yet for mid-grade).

Whoh! 3.49?! where are you from!? you poor things! I thought 3.10 was bad... :embarrassed: I guess where ever you are, it can ALWAYS be worse.

Beth C

Reaction score
Krazedmuppet said:
Anybody else only have money for gas and bills and thats it?!

I swear, 2 weeks ago it was 2.69 for premium gas (cuz my car is an expencive date) and one week later- 3.10. It hurts, it really does :cry:
I can sympathize with this very well. I got a very small paycheck this week ($220) because I missed too much work due to the family and medical problems going on.

This coming week, I have to pay my power bill ($75), my phone bill ($35), my credit cards ($50), my cell phone ($40) and still try to find money for food and gas!!

Someone isn't gonna get paid, of you do the math you will see that I'm putting out about $195 of the $220 just in the bills!!! There is no way to gas the car and put food on the table - not with these rates.

The higher gas prices are hurting those with the lowest incomes badly. The price is finally coming down around here, it's now around $2.89 gal for the regular unleaded, but that is still not cheap enough. We go nowhere unless we really need to.

In fact I took two days off just this week because I didn't have enough gas to GET to work. It's starting a vicious cycle, if I can't get to work to make the money, the checks are too small to pay the bills, so I need to work more, but I can't get there!!

So I can sympathize, believe me, when you have to choose between feeding the kids or gassing up the car, it's not fun at all.

~Beth C (who wishes she had less than 10 major problems to solve in the next week)