Gentlemen (and ladies) start your puppet building!

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Hi all,

A little while ago Puppetplanet and I briefly discussed holding a friendly little online puppet building contest. I first suggested it more as a joke than anything else but there was some interest and the more I thought about it the more I liked the idea. So here's the deal, for the benefit of all our puppet building friends out there I'm announcing the first ever BT Puppet Building Contest through my website at www.bear-town.com.

It will be run through my BT Forum and please remember that it is not connected to or endorsed in any way by Muppet Central (got keep Philip and the gang in the legal clear)...but MCers are most welcome to enter.

The deadline for entry will be September 30, 2003 with the winner decided by a public vote. The winner does get a little prize pack that includes the Foam Book and Video and a puppet building kit from Puppets For Goodness Sake.

For all the gory details go to beartown.proboards18.com/index.cgi?board=PupDiscuss&action=display&num=1062647366.

Ryan

Reaction score
Maybe there should be a rule that the people who already have the gift basket items are disqualified?

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Yeah, I thought of that. Maybe we'll just swap out the video/book with a gift certificate from Amazon if that happens lol.

Puppetplanet

Reaction score
I hope that there will be a place to see photos of all the puppet entries. I'm so excited! Yet, ANOTHER reason to build more puppets! *giggle*

I've already got the foam book videos too.... but I'm gonna join just for the fun on it. (course I wouldn't turn down an Amazon gift certificate if it were offered.) :wink:

Great Idea and thumbs up to you for hosting it! We should do something like this once in a while and maybe some other puppetry sites will chip in on prizes. (I would!)

-Michele

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Are you doing this just for the amateurs, or those of us with experience are allowed to do it, too?

Puppetplanet

Reaction score
My Two Cents

*Someone from the peanut gallery stands out to speak*

I think everyone should be allowed to enter!

*sinks back in the maze of puppety faces*

Ryan

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
Are you doing this just for the amateurs, or those of us with experience are allowed to do it, too?
I think it's intended for amatuers (includes the Foam Book and Video, which most professionals have) But I dunno.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Well, if it's just for amateurs, I can dig it. I'd prefer they had the foam book etc anyhow, even though I don't have that yet and need them. Besides, those of us with experience wouldn't be fair to the amateurs, who I think deserve a stronger chance than we should.

Yep, for amateurs only and I'll be 100% okay and happy with that.

FOZ

Ryan

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
Well, if it's just for amateurs, I can dig it. I'd prefer they had the foam book etc anyhow, even though I don't have that yet and need them. Besides, those of us with experience wouldn't be fair to the amateurs, who I think deserve a stronger chance than we should.

Yep, for amateurs only and I'll be 100% okay and happy with that.

FOZ
That's what I was thinking. It wouldn't be fair to amatuers.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
It's open to anyone. We don't discriminate. :smile:

Oh - one thing I should have mentioned - for legal reasons you have build original characters, so copies of Cookie, Beaker, snerfs won't count. Sorry!!