1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Give Bert some respect

Discussion in 'Sesame Street' started by Uncle deadly, Dec 9, 2004.

1. JaniceFerSure Active Member

That's a good idea Vic.Why not have Bert look for Ernie in Journey to Ernie,instead of Big Bird;be a change. I like Bert,because of his love for collecting and needing his quiet time(which is a lot like myself).I miss the old Bert and Ernie skits.:smirk:
  2. Kimp the Shrimp Active Member

my fav is the one where the Sheep carry Bert outside
  3. Vic Romano Active Member

Ernie is more mischevious when he's with Bert, it's like his childish demenure, and I think it's a very redeeming quality. You don't have that same fun tension between Ernie and Big Bird. Imagine what would happen if Ernie tried taking off Big Bird's beak instead of Bert's nose! Oh the carnage!
  4. Uncle deadly New Member

haha!
    its funny when Ernie takes Berts nose off! :( :p
  5. Daffyfan2003 Active Member

I agree. It kind of bugs me when JTE begins Big Bird is doing his own thing, but when he hears the announcer voice: IT'S TIME TO PLAY JOURNEY TO ERNIE!! He's like 'Oh, boy. I love that game.' Bert would be like, "Not now, Ernie. I'm busy sorting socks" or something like that. Then maybe Ernie would have to trick him into playing or something like that. But at least Bert gets a lot more air time this season than he did last season. It seems like the writers are doing what they can with our good old oatmeal eating, pigeon loving pal.
  6. pennyring New Member

OMG! That was one of the most frightening things as a kid... AHHHHHH PUT IT BACK!!!!! Poor Bert!
  7. Uncle deadly New Member

wer you frightened because you were afraid of bert, or you thought it would hurt Bert when his nose was off and felt sorry for him?
    or what?
  8. pennyring New Member

I was never afraid of Bert. It was more like Ernie was breaking him or hurting him. Either a) that really couldn't feel too good or b) he was broken and who was going to fix him?? Nobody likes to play with broken toys. Maybe they were gonna throw him away or something. Who knows the fate of a broken nose! Poor Bert. :(
  9. Uncle deadly New Member

hee hee!
    I see. :D
  10. Kimp the Shrimp Active Member

i like Bert in a fight w/ Ernie He'd go Postal
  11. Uncle deadly New Member

no fighting! :grouchy:
  12. muppetmayhem Member

I like the little dance Bert does with his pigeons.

Doin the ar ar pigeon
  13. Pug Lover New Member

I liked that one too.It was cute!One of the very few times you actually saw his feet."Doing the pigeons" :(
  14. Uncle deadly New Member

15. FragglettesMom New Member

Bert....

MY daughter, Fragglette, LOVES Bert and Ernie!!! I have noticed lately that she would rather watch B&E sketches than watch her friends the Fraggles. The best thing about Play with me Sesame is how much B&E they show. Several times a day she watches the old video The best of Ernie and Bert, in fact she wore out the first copy and I had to special order another one from the video store! I have also become a big fan of B&E, anytime we are in the van headed somewhere- we always pop one of the SS audio tapes in and we travel with B&E.
  16. Kimp the Shrimp Active Member

Well Thats Good They Are The Best Of Friends Even Thouy They Are Diffrent
  17. Vic Romano Active Member

It's kind of annoying that Palisades is making Ernie for series one and no Bert.
  18. Beakerfan Active Member

WHAT?!? They're making Ernie and no Bert! How can they do that?!? It's like making Statler and no Waldorf!!!
  19. Vic Romano Active Member

I'm sure he comes out in series 2, but still, why wait?
  20. Uncle deadly New Member

yeh, they did statler and waldorf together.
    And once again an example of ernie being picked over Bert first! :p :(