Give Bert some respect

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
The Bert and Ernie duo is classic. I would say that it's no fun to have one without the other, but then we wouldn't have "Doin' the Pigeon" or "Rubber Ducky". They are equally terrific characters, together and apart, though together they are pure gold.

Uncle deadly

Reaction score
GeeBee said:
I've always liked Bert better than Ernie. Most of the things that Ernie did wouldn't have been funny had it not been for Bert's hilarious reactions. I liked the way Bert looked too, especially in the earlier years. Ernie is great, but Bert is my fav.
I agree, Bert makes Ernie funny.

FreddyTheDragon

Reaction score
Meh.....I have always liked Bert better! Since he loved animals and was a serious, intellectual guy, He was always my fave.
I gotta admit I remember BERT IS EVIL sites though and my reaction was ????!

Uncle deadly

Reaction score
they are both cool.
I just dont like people likeing Ernie and not Bert and vice versa. :frown: :stick_out_tongue:

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
I always loved Ernie and Bert together when I was little, but I'd have to say that Ernie was my favorite, just because he was so silly. You need Bert, though, for Ernie's personality to make sense. As I've gotten older, I've grown really fond of Bert as well. Bert's awesome! Bert is into whatever he's into, and doesn't mind if it makes him a little dull. Plus, who doesn't like oatmeal, paper clips, bottlecaps, and pigeons?

:stick_out_tongue: :frown:

Censored

Reaction score
I don't think Ernie's in much danger of being diminished, considering that he has a disproportionate amount of toys and merchandise compared to Bert and he has whole segments on Sesame Street that don't include Bert. The fact is that Bert is very underrated.

Of course the two of them together are what really counts, but lately, I haven't seen too much of that as it's mostly Ernie by himself. Besides, no matter how well a comedy team works together, people will naturally compare them to one another at times. I'm sure similar issues have come up with Laurel and Hardy, Abbott and Costello, Burn and Allen, Martin and Lewis, etc.

As a child, Bert was always that character that I related to the most and with whom I made up the most stories. One reason may have been was that I was interested in what it was like to be a "grown-up" and Bert seemed to fit that role better than any other muppet. One of the adventures that I created with my Bert puppet was that he had a secret life as "Super Bert" (Yes, a direct copy from "Super Grover"). I also made up a story about Bert joining the army and going to the moon. I was only about 5 or 6 at the time, but Bert seemed to really fuel my imagination.

Dantecat

Reaction score
Me Too! He's Been Always My Favorite Was I Was Little Too And He Still Is Now! :smile:

:frown: