Give Bert some respect

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
I don't see them seperately like that, Bert and Ernie, Batman and Robin, Bread and butter... they are a team! You can't have just the one! The Journey to Ernie bothers me, Bert needs to be there dag nabbit, Ernie needs you Bert! Get in there and show the world, Bert! Go Bert!
That's a good idea Vic.Why not have Bert look for Ernie in Journey to Ernie,instead of Big Bird;be a change. I like Bert,because of his love for collecting and needing his quiet time(which is a lot like myself).I miss the old Bert and Ernie skits.:smirk:

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
JaniceFerSure said:
That's a good idea Vic.Why not have Bert look for Ernie in Journey to Ernie,instead of Big Bird;be a change. I like Bert,because of his love for collecting and needing his quiet time(which is a lot like myself).I miss the old Bert and Ernie skits.:smirk:
my fav is the one where the Sheep carry Bert outside

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Ernie is more mischevious when he's with Bert, it's like his childish demenure, and I think it's a very redeeming quality. You don't have that same fun tension between Ernie and Big Bird. Imagine what would happen if Ernie tried taking off Big Bird's beak instead of Bert's nose! Oh the carnage!

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
JaniceFerSure said:
I agree. It kind of bugs me when JTE begins Big Bird is doing his own thing, but when he hears the announcer voice: IT'S TIME TO PLAY JOURNEY TO ERNIE!! He's like 'Oh, boy. I love that game.' Bert would be like, "Not now, Ernie. I'm busy sorting socks" or something like that. Then maybe Ernie would have to trick him into playing or something like that. But at least Bert gets a lot more air time this season than he did last season. It seems like the writers are doing what they can with our good old oatmeal eating, pigeon loving pal.

pennyring

Reaction score
Uncle deadly said:
haha!
its funny when Ernie takes Berts nose off! :frown: :stick_out_tongue:
OMG! That was one of the most frightening things as a kid... AHHHHHH PUT IT BACK!!!!! Poor Bert!

Uncle deadly

Reaction score
wer you frightened because you were afraid of bert, or you thought it would hurt Bert when his nose was off and felt sorry for him?
or what?

pennyring

Reaction score
I was never afraid of Bert. It was more like Ernie was breaking him or hurting him. Either a) that really couldn't feel too good or b) he was broken and who was going to fix him?? Nobody likes to play with broken toys. Maybe they were gonna throw him away or something. Who knows the fate of a broken nose! Poor Bert. :frown: