Gobo

Neil565

Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out just what the differences where between Season 2 and Season 1 Gobo. Even in the Intro, Gobo seems to be two different puppets.

Near as I can tell -
Jacket is gone
Hair got shorter and possibly a different color
Face got bigger?

Did they completely redoo the Gobo puppet like the Ma Gorg character later on? The others pretty much stay the same throughout.

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
Did they completely redoo the Gobo puppet like the Ma Gorg character later on? The others pretty much stay the same throughout.
I seem to remember about four different Gobos. One for Season 1, one for Season 2, one for Season 3/4 and one used for trick shots. Plus a "poser" puppet appeared occasionally and there was a miniature one for Gorg scenes. The Season 1 puppet had some white in his hair and his eyelids could pull back, in addition to what you listed.

Each successive puppet was likely built using bits and pieces from previous ones. It appears all five Fraggles were refurbished, if not completely rebuilt, during the course of the series.

Redsonga

Reaction score
I only really noticed one change from season 1 to the rest of them, besides the fragglebit (that's what I call the mini fraggles they use for the gorg world). I guess, then, that the fact that I don't notice changes that well is a sign that if your not really looking for them to be different, they did a good job making it feel like it was always him :smile:. And besides, even we silly creatures don't look the same from day to day...
I liked him with the longer hair though :3

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
Yeah, I only noticed the Season One to Season Two change. Guess I wasn't really paying attention :stick_out_tongue:

Redsonga

Reaction score
Yeah, I only noticed the Season One to Season Two change. Guess I wasn't really paying attention :stick_out_tongue:
Like I said I don't really think it is a bad thing, I don't think I would want to be able to tell everything apart really:excited:

Foodie

Reaction score
Wow... you mean, some people could barley tell that Gobo changed? Wow. :smirk:

Redsonga

Reaction score
Wow... you mean, some people could barley tell that Gobo changed? Wow. :smirk:
How would being able to tell be a good thing? I mean it doesn't add anything to seeing the series IMHO :smile:. If anything not noticing (besides the first change) I think makes Gobo less of a 'just a puppet', which is just fine for a viewing fan :excited:. I'm not doing a college paper on him or anything *lol*
I do notice when his clothing changes, but not much else :3

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
I believe the third version is in early scenes of Gobo's School for Explorers.

The one used for trick shots can definitely be seen in "You're On Your Own," from The Voice Inside.

getup

Reaction score
I always noticed the change and thought it was when the show sorta came into it's own. The first 12 episodes with the original gobo almost seemed like the test run of fraggle rock to see how it would go. Starting with We Love you Wembley (ep 13) everything just seemed more refined. from the voices, to the designs of the puppets. according to chris's fraggle rock page and the episode guide, there was a 6 month gap between the recordings of episode 12 and 13. they were aired back to back weeks but some of the first episodes were recorded almost a year prior to thier first air date. this could explain the change.

Redsonga

Reaction score
The early episodes are some of my favorites because you really got a feeling for Fraggle Rock. I like the more basic stories :smile:...But they are all good, I don't think there are any I dislike (expect maybe some of the doozer heavy ones)