Gobo

Foodie

Reaction score
How would being able to tell be a good thing? I mean it doesn't add anything to seeing the series IMHO :smile:. If anything not noticing (besides the first change) I think makes Gobo less of a 'just a puppet', which is just fine for a viewing fan :excited:. I'm not doing a college paper on him or anything *lol*
I do notice when his clothing changes, but not much else :3
Well, it's not a bad thing. It's just interesting to me is all. I'm a Gobo freak so he stands out for me. All is well though. :smirk:

Redsonga

Reaction score
Well, it's not a bad thing. It's just interesting to me is all. I'm a Gobo freak so he stands out for me. All is well though. :smirk:
Okay dokay..I dunno, I guess I just naturally block out little changes in shows and movies:excited:. I don't like bloopers or thinking about the man behind the curtain if I can help it (even if he has as handsome a singing voice as Gobo's* only half j/k*:coy: )

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
The first Gobo puppet looks quite younger than the Gobo we see throughout the rest of the series. I don't know if it was a conscious decision on the part of the design team or the writers to make him seem a but more grown up, but I do think it's true to say that the character really did come into himself upon the design change.

Foodie

Reaction score
Okay dokay..I dunno, I guess I just naturally block out little changes in shows and movies:excited:. I don't like bloopers or thinking about the man behind the curtain if I can help it (even if he has as handsome a singing voice as Gobo's* only half j/k)
Ah. I just saw the puppet change as him aging. I've always wondered why they did it though. :smirk:

Redsonga

Reaction score
It makes a lot of sense :big_grin:! That would explain why Uncle Matt was just leaving and treating him that way, if he was meant to be one of the younger characters just then getting his own cave..But then as they got more into the idea of him being a leader they might have thought he should be older, so they put in the episode where Red is just then getting her own cave and moves in with Mokey and aged him :3.
So maybe at first Red was suppose to be older than him...

wembleyfraggle

Reaction score
Well all the Fraggles went through changes. Gobo was the most. His hair is shorter his jacket went from maroon to brown. Also his eyelids are on in the newer ones but I think they just use his hair in the older ones. His face is fatter also. I like the newer Gobo much better, I think its because I know him best. Also, when yhey started the transition, Gobo always had a hat on! :smirk: