Gonzo and Pepe at Comic Con

muppetperson

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
The Gonzo is from the roof top scene as well as the lawnmower scenes. It is not a hand puppet as it has alum. legs the arms have wire in them to make them stay were you put them. There are also lights in the eyes that still work. There is some deterioration of the foam in his mouth but that should be expected with its age.

As far as Pepe he is full of servos and a radio receiver and if you have the controller it would work very well. The arms are not possable other than what you see in the photos. All tho the hands do have wires in them so they can hold onto things.

There is also a Tin Thing (Gonzo) animatronic head from "Muppets Wizard of OZ" that is also in this auction. I do not know how much the starting bid is. The Tin Thing head is also fully working as long as you have a controller. It is from when they take him apart and his head is on the ground.

I know all of this as I am the one who did a little restoration on all of them. I wish I had the money for them myself.

If you have any questions I will try and answer them if I can.

Mike
What material is Tin Thing's animatronic head made of?

propologist

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
Ok the auction is being held by Profiles in History here in Calif.

As to what I fixed.
Gonzo
Some repair sewing to the fur covering re-attached the head to the body and made display stand with plaque.

Pepe
Repaired and sewed the fur covering and made a display stand and plaque.

Tin Thing
He is made of a few different materials. the out side is made of fabric as well as vacuumformed shells. There is a fiberglass under skull as well as the control receiver and sevos. He is made on the outside like every other muppet.
I built a replacement nose for him. As well as a display stand and plaque.

I have to say if I had the money these would be mine. But I know I would be bidding against a few here. Good luck to those who bid.

If you have any more questions I will try and answer them.

muppetperson

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
Ok the auction is being held by Profiles in History here in Calif.

As to what I fixed.
Gonzo
Some repair sewing to the fur covering re-attached the head to the body and made display stand with plaque.

Pepe
Repaired and sewed the fur covering and made a display stand and plaque.

Tin Thing
He is made of a few different materials. the out side is made of fabric as well as vacuumformed shells. There is a fiberglass under skull as well as the control receiver and sevos. He is made on the outside like every other muppet.
I built a replacement nose for him. As well as a display stand and plaque.

I have to say if I had the money these would be mine. But I know I would be bidding against a few here. Good luck to those who bid.

If you have any more questions I will try and answer them.
So, to get Tin Thing's metallic look, is the fabric some kind of Rubbery or Latex based fabric, like Silver Lycra? I hope not, because I used that to make Space gloves and boots for Miss Piggy, and within 10 years, it had tarnished and cracked! Now I have grey velour, which isn't the same, but at least it is durable.

Muppetboy09

Reaction score
Gonzo's plaque hasn't been seen, so here it is showing his estimate between $5,000 to $7,000. Cheaper than Pepe !!!
Cheaper, but still no way I will ever be able to afford it. Oh how I want a used muppet prop/puppet/poser (looking at you, MP) haha

propologist

Reaction score
"So, to get Tin Thing's metallic look, is the fabric some kind of Rubbery or Latex based fabric, like Silver Lycra?"

It is a metallic fabric and It looked to be Lycra/Spandex. But it's not like the coated lycra's that peals. I have some of what your talking about and it is not that type of coated lycra. the silver is in the weave of the fabric.

muppetperson

Reaction score
"So, to get Tin Thing's metallic look, is the fabric some kind of Rubbery or Latex based fabric, like Silver Lycra?"

It is a metallic fabric and It looked to be Lycra/Spandex. But it's not like the coated lycra's that peals. I have some of what your talking about and it is not that type of coated lycra. the silver is in the weave of the fabric.
Thanks, Mike.

Muppetboy09

Reaction score
Stupid question. Do you have any pictures of the puppets from before you worked on them?