Gonzo behavior in the Leslie Uggams ep

Alpha Centauri

Reaction score
Also, you've got to remember that Gonzo probably had no idea that Big Bird was 6, or male for that matter. This is the first time they've met, I'm assuming, and Big Bird is HUGE. If you met a person of your own species the size of Big Bird, you'd never automatically assume that they were 6 years old.
True, but that skit still seems wrong to me.

LamangoNumber2

Reaction score
Gonzo didn't flirt with him at the end of the episode, and they all watched Camilla lay the smack down.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
People have mention this before on this thread, but it's always an interesting thing to discuss.

Yeah I always found this episode a bit creepy, but I always made myself feel better but thinking, as Beau mention, I don't think Gonzo had any idea on Big Bird's sex nor his age. To be honest, it's easy to see why some people would think Big Bird is a girl, :smile:.

Plus this was just a one time joke, they didn't have Gonzo all over Big Bird in other Muppet show Muppets/Sesame Street Muppet crossovers.

So there is real need to think to much into it...

:wisdom::concern:

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
This is something that I feel is "early Gonzo" sort of material. Gonzo had grown as a character by leaps and bounds from the first season to the second season to the third season, but he still had some awkward moments like this.

Gonzo is written as an adult, but especially in the first season and the second season, he seems a lot younger and naive. This has changed over time. I could never see him making a joke like this now a days. Reason one being, it's a very taboo joke. Reason two being, he's grown and he's not as naive. He's probably one of the more mature Muppets out there now.

I really don't think he would have hit on Big Bird if he knew his age and gender. It really looked to me like he JUST met him. Remember, he wouldn't dance with a male cheese. That would have been weird.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
You know if we're talking about Muppets displaying certain behavior, than I'm going to have to bring up Miss. Piggy.

What I'm talking about is in those "Studio DC" specials, does anyone else find it just a little odd that Miss. Piggy keeps looking for Zac Efron or she calls him Zacky Efron?

I mean that has the feel of a 40 year old woman hanging out by the local high school and wait until class is out. Than hits on the more good looking teenagers.

I'm just saying.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
And has the audacity to get angry at Kermit when she assumes he's hitting on teen girls.