Gonzo behavior in the Leslie Uggams ep

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Personally I think some of you are making a big deal out of nothing.

It's just a TV show.

Beauregard

Reaction score
...is it? I feel my entire world-view shattering!

Fluffets

Reaction score
I think we're a bit limited now with the title of the thread, it should be expanded to muppets flirting etc general discussion and not just on one of Gonzo's encounters.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Personally I think some of you are making a big deal out of nothing.

It's just a TV show.
I don't think anyone is making a "big deal" out of anything. Unless I messed something no one said anything bad about Gonzo, just thought it was a little odd. People just disscussing as fans, no one said something like "Yeah that episode should be banned cause Gonzo's hitting on Big Bird" or "they should edited those scenes with Gonzo and Big Bird out", that would be making a "big deal out of nothing."

I think we're a bit limited now with the title of the thread, it should be expanded to muppets flirting etc general discussion and not just on one of Gonzo's encounters.
Yeah it probably should. I actually think it's pretty funny and enjoyable when Kermit flirts with Linda Ronstadt.

Alpha Centauri

Reaction score
I would if I could figure out how. There's no edit button!

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Did anyone else, but me find Gonzo behavior towards Big Bird in the Leslie Uggams episode a little bit disturbing? I know Gonzo has a thing for for birds, but given the fact that Big Bird is supposed to be a six year old boy, it just made Gonzo seem really, really creepy.
Getting back on topic:

In reality it is inappropriette to to talk to someone in such a manner who's so young but as I said before it's just pretend and at least in my opinion it's nothing to even find disturbing since we're dealing with a bunch of fictional characters and I would think Jim and his staff would of expected the audience just to laugh at Gonzo's silliness and not debate or question the morality of it.

I just saw it on YT and though didn't laugh I kind of smiled at it myself.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Getting back on topic:

In reality it is inappropriette to to talk to someone in such a manner who's so young but as I said before it's just pretend and at least in my opinion it's nothing to even find disturbing since we're dealing with a bunch of fictional characters and I would think Jim and his staff would of expected the audience just to laugh at Gonzo's silliness and not debate or question the morality of it.

I just saw it on YT and though didn't laugh I kind of smiled at it myself.
Well I can only speak for myself of course, but I agree, I didn't really think of Gonzo's behavior as "disturbing" either. Like I mentioned in a past post, I think it seems easy to see that Gonzo didn't understand that Big Bird was a boy nor a young boy at that. Plus again they didn't have Gonzo keep doing that to Big Bird in other Muppet/Sesame Street crossovers, such as Muppet Family Christmas or celebration of 30 years.

I would have to say Miss. Piggy trying to get Zac Efron brothers me a little more, there's no getting around that age difference, :smile:. It doesn't brother me to the point where I'm not a lover of Miss. Piggy, I even just bought her book "The Diva Code."

Alpha Centauri

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong I love Gonzo. Just didn't like that he was flirting with Big Bird.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong I love Gonzo. Just didn't like that he was flirting with Big Bird.
As free-thinking as I can be it still creeps me out too. But it also makes me laugh. Even the most savvy Muppet characters still have an innocence to them. That's how they can get away with what they do. All Gonzo saw was plus-sized poultry. What the audience saw was a freaky buzzard guy flirting with a beloved childrens' icon. Both characters seem to be unaware of the weirdness levels. :concern: :wisdom:

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Well, Camilla couldn't believe her eyes either. :big_grin: