Gonzo on Saturday Night

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
If Will Farrel's leaving mean no more 'Celebrity Jeopardy', I've just all intrest in the show.

C'irdan

Reaction score
New SNL

No he left last season...didn't you see the great season finale or The Best of Will Farrel special? oh well...anyways I love the Gene Shalt thing too and the venezualan stand-up comedian...they really are trying to put more energy back into the show...and I think with a few new members...ESPECIALLY WOMEN...then they can make it a hit again...just wait and see...

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
I'm on the pro-SNL side. Not everything they do works, but they keep changing and trying new things and that's the only way to stay on the air for 25+ years.

I also love the current Weekend Update. Their childish "Jimmy the class clown" / "Tina the smart girl who's paper he's always gotta cheat off of" schtick works (I didn't explain that very well, did I?). They are always trying cool stuff and playing with the segment's format (I love the "update door"). Jimmy Falon is my favorite anchor since the days of Norm MacDonald...and Tina Fey is a hottie! :big_grin: Many people don't realize what a talented gal she is - she's the head writer on the show too.

They actually usually through in a couple Muppet jokes per year - I'm just sorry I missed Gonzo last week!

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
I was offended at first when I saw the Gonzo reference. I thought it was blasphemous.

But hey, it wasn't as gross as the time when Martin Short played this one celebrity being interviewed, who, in a performance flashback, tried to have his way with Miss Piggy while in a drunken state. Anyone know what I'm talking about? I think it was from an episode back in '96. In that flashback there was a "puppeteer" who looked like a 70s Whitmire.

As for SNL, Jimmy, Horatio and Tina are valuable team players. I'm looking forward to hearing Jimmy's The Bathroom Wall. Is it a good album?

monkeymuppet

Reaction score
Boober_Gorg

You have to get the Bathroom Wall. I got it on the first day it came out and I still listen to it everyday. The first have is songs and the rest is standup about college and troll dolls. His impressions are great too. "oh snap, oh snap, oh snap!"
http://www.jimmyfallon.net

C'irdan

Reaction score
kermit reference?

Somewhere, on this forum I believe, I heard that on his album there was a reference to Kermit? I'd love to find out...btw what kind of music does he play? Is it just him singing with acoustic guitar? I'd kind of like that...also does he write his own songs?

the_great_gonzo

Reaction score
There is a muppet reference but not to Kermit. It's a line in the song "Road Rage". It's kind of bad but we're all adults here. The line goes:

"If honkin' my horn don't get your attention, I'll shove my fist up your *** like my name was Jim Henson"

He does write all his songs. However all the songs sound different. Here's how I would describe him.

IDIOT BOYFRIEND-a disco-ish song. Kind of Prince meets Leo Sayer.
BASKETBALL (I CAN'T PLAY)-Beastie Boys-ish
DRINKING IN THE WOODS-Country song
ROAD RAGE-a hard rock song
SNOWBALL-a punk song

Hope i could help.

C'irdan

Reaction score
wierd

That sounds really wierd...that Jim Henson reference doesn't exactly make sense...why would someone like JIM HENSON shove their fist up--in that special place?? And I'm not an adult...I'm 14. But I am very mature...and SO INCREDIBLY MODEST!!!!! lol. I feel kinda lonely sometimes because almost NO ONE in my age group even knows anything about the muppets other than Sesame Street and Kermit and Miss Piggy...a lot of people don't even know that Jim Henson is dead! anyways..I hope people here don't patronize me or refrain from saying things because I'm what? Five years younger than being considered "an adult". And believe me...I've heard a heck of a lot worse than that reference...I don't ENJOY IT or anything...but it's not like I'm going to be entirely corrupted by that kind of stuff...:smile:

C'irdan

Reaction score
ACCCCCCCKKK!

Frogs and Whatevers and Bears, OH MY!!!!

I just got that joke and now I'm totally not going to buy his album...That's disgusting! And not very nice to Jim Henson either... Jim Henson didn't do that to anyone who was...real! It sounds like he has very strange tastes in music though...:mad:

monkeymuppet

Reaction score
C'irdan

you can go to jimmyfallon.net to listen to a couple of his songs. You might like it or you might not. I'm 15 and my youth group at church listens to the cd and we quote from it all the time.