1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Gonzo Replica for $79

Discussion in 'Muppet Replicas' started by Andibcool, Mar 30, 2009.

1. Andibcool

Andibcool Member

Head over to Amazon.com. Two stores offer them there with amazon fulfillment. Means everyone outside the US cant order em :(
  2. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Thanks for reporting the discount. A simply amazing price for the value. It's almost worth getting several.

:concern:
  3. Telly

Telly Active Member

i want to get an extra one just to keep in storage in case anything happens to the one I have displayed.
  4. Andibcool

Andibcool Member

Youre welcome !
    I still wish i could order it, but its not possible.
    I can only choose the 125$ one with 70$ shipping or head over to redfordfilms buy one for 99$ and 90$ shipping while you can get almost three of em for the same price.
  5. Phillip

Amazon's price on Gonzo has now dropped another $10 to $59 with free shipping. Simply amazing considering the original $300 price. He may not be available long at that deep of a discount.
  6. Ignohippo

Ignohippo Member

Not any more. Looks like it's $89 now...
  7. Phillip

8. ReneeLouvier

ReneeLouvier Active Member

Any idea on why Gonzo has become so cheap? Whereas Kermit is still in the over $200 range?
  9. rtgentry

rtgentry Member

Ahh. GOnzos is gonzos. but Kermits is kermit, SO Peoples is peoples okay?
  10. MuppetCaper

MuppetCaper Active Member

This may be the answer. Kermit was quite a popular character when MR first put these out and sold like wild fire. It started out as a good item when he first came out. Gonzo is more of a tough sell and did not do well when they continued the line and added Animal to the list. So MR had plans on making Fozzie but with the bad sales of Gonzo and Animal, it didn't look like it was going to happen according to MR. So as far as we know, MR is no longer doing the Muppet photo puppet line and this is probably what explains it.
  11. Phillip

Yes, Kermit has been sold out since December 2007 from MR so his price will likely only increase over time as he becomes more and more rare. Gonzo has probably hit bottom at $60-$70. It's hard to imagine him being any cheaper. MR still has Gonzos in-stock brand new even though they are the distributor. So apparently there are a lot of Gonzos out there that just aren't selling, hence the reasons for the drastic price cuts.
  12. ohtherain

ohtherain New Member

Good deal

Thanks for letting me know about this one, otherwise I probably wouldn't have purchased him.
  13. doc hopper

doc hopper Member

I remember a looooong time ago when the first prototypes popped up and how disappointed we all were when the mesh pantyhose nose was approved. But at sixty seven bucks and free shipping, who can be snobby?

I'm glad I waited and looking forward to my new cheap Gonzo.
  14. AndyWan Kenobi

AndyWan Kenobi Active Member

Yes! Thank you, Muppet Central, for pointing this out. I couldn't afford one before, but I just ordered mine. Hooray!
    :concern::concern:

Now, bring on the deep discount Animal!
  15. ohtherain

ohtherain New Member

Hey everyone - if you missed out the price has unfortunately gone up again to $85 - hopefully you all got it already...
  16. Andibcool

Andibcool Member

I got mine of ebay yesterday for 67$ plus 90$ shipping to germany. Was the best deal i could get since i could not order :concern: for cheap on amazon.

For animal i payed 120$ and 90$ shipping on ebay too.

So for international buyers ebay is sometimes a good option too.
  17. doc hopper

doc hopper Member

Just got my sweet sixty seven dollar Gonzo. I never would've gotten him for the original price, but I have to say after posing him and staring for a minute or two, he looks pretty good!
  18. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

He really is spectacular - especially with the easy peasy pupil tweak. It makes all the difference in the world. It's like he's looking right at you about to say something. :concern:
  19. AndyWan Kenobi

AndyWan Kenobi Active Member

Got mine today, at long last! He's high-fiving Kermit at the moment.
  20. Kevin Knight

Kevin Knight New Member

Now up to $78. Just filling the new info