GONZO the...um...

Beauregard

Reaction score
Dude! How cool would that have been!!!

I always thought that a PIS movie should be like Galaxy Quest, with real aliens beaming up the PIS team becuase they are so obviously made of the right kinda bacon. Mayhaps they could have beaten off the Wild Space Bores, and the BLT Robotic Society.

Whatever

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
And he got there on board the Swinetrek!

BTW: Muppets From Space made me think there was going to be a Pigs In Space movie when I read that title.
Yeah, you mentioned that when you wrote your fanfic.

Silly old bear.

PuppyLuver

Reaction score
*sniff* Beautiful. Just beautiful. :smile: I love Gonzo, and you write very well.

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
Gonzo being classed as an alien wasn't the greatest plotline. He had always been a "whatever" or even a "matchbox frackle" according to The Tale Of The Tinkerdee. There were many whatknot or whatever Muppets in Sesame Street and The Muppet Show and I thought that was quite a charming way of looking at it. With the various headshapes, skin tones and hair colours, non of the Muppets could ever really be classed as anything more than abstract. (Sorry if I have repeated something that has already been stated but I didn't read every post in the thread.)

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Thanks for compliments and ideas on the subject, gang!

Really, the article was me trying to make sense while maintaining an agreement with the characters' history and my fanaticism.

Gonzo14

Reaction score
this is great,i love it

here's a thought i had about gonzo

i once came to the conclusion, that gonzo growing up, couldn't remember being from space, but he could sense subconciously that he should be in the sky (like in the song he sang in the muppet movie). He also had been compared to a bird, because he, according to kermit, sorta looks like a turkey. He then thought of himself almost like a "grounded bird", a bird that can't fly, what other bird, can't fly? Chickens of course, so Gonzo started to relate to chickens and started to befriend them.

sorry to post my thoughts in your thread, but thats something i've thought about

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Please feel free to post thoughts! That's what we're here to do is share ideas, right? :smile:

That's a good take on how he could consider dating chickens, and I agree with that sentiment. It makes perfect sense to me.

OverUnderAround

Reaction score
An official Henson comment written by Jim Lewis a few months back makes Gonzo a "Whatever" again. Seems some video archives of Jim Henson stating that "Gonzo will always be a whatever" sunk into the minds of those at the Hensons and the MHC and they decided to stick to Jim Henson's words.

According to what Jim Lewis wrote, they would prefer the fan base to accept that Gonzo
just played the role of an alien in a movie, because he is listed again as officially a 'Whatever.'
That way they stay true to Jim Henson's vision of the character.

That's something that should be added to the Muppet Wiki files.

superboober

Reaction score
I've always considered him a whatever and probably always will, if only because it's a more unique and amusing classification. :concern: