1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

GOOD NEWS from Disney on MCC DVD!!!

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by Muppets1985, Aug 14, 2002.

1. Jeffrey Gray

Jeffrey Gray Member

Frogboy, they do it that way because, when shooting at 1.85:1, it's more expensive to shoot hard-matted (with black bars on the negative). So they shoot at the more squarish aspect ratio of 1.33:1, and cut off the top and bottom (which, most of the time, are never intended to be seen).
  2. Muppets1985

Muppets1985 Member

Heres the e-mail!!! :)

Yes heres the e-mail guys...

*** Dear Stevie Baker,

We thank you for you intrest in our DVD release of The Muppet Christmas Carol. We do have plans to release this DVD as Widescreen 1.66:1. Be shure to check out for the Special Features of Never Before Seen, Footege.

Thank you for your comments,

The Walt Disney Comapany

visit us at, www.Disney.com***
  3. Jackie

Jackie New Member

Re: Heres the e-mail!!! :)

YAY!!!
  4. towels

towels New Member

I always thought the plural of footage would be feetage!
    :D

Any of the DVD sites giving any info on this yet? (Perhaps as to the nature of the additional material?)
  5. Traveling Matt

Traveling Matt New Member

Pardon the ignorance of moi, but what does this stand for?

*sheepishly hits "Submit Reply"*

- Billy :cool:
  6. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Laughing My A Off!:)
  7. Traveling Matt

Traveling Matt New Member

Ahhh...thanks Jamie!

- Billy :cool:
  8. Zack the Dog

Zack the Dog Active Member

Waho, wait, wait a minute here,

i thought Sure was spelled "sure"?
    The Disney Company misspelled this? with "shure"?

Zack)Rowlf the, what do i know about spelling anyways? i'm only a, Dog.
  9. Stulz

Stulz Member

BOOM!

That would be a Boom Microphone.

I saw the same thing during "Nurse Betty".. and I saw it with a theater full of film students.. Every Body saw that thing.. It was Hilarious!!
  10. Muppets1985

Muppets1985 Member

Yeahhhh I seen that too,.... i don't know!?? LOL:D
  11. Stulz

Stulz Member

MTI??

Did Disney mention anything about re-releasing MTI in widescreen as well??

MCC DVD - Deleted Scenes??? Hope we finallt get to see "Room in Your Heart" and "Chairman of The Board"
  12. gymkatarules

gymkatarules New Member

That's if you're not counting The Dark Crystal and Labyrinth, which were both filmed at 2.35:1.

-Chris
  13. Jeffrey Gray

Jeffrey Gray Member

I'm not counting them, Gymkata, because they weren't Muppet movies. They were Jim Henson movies.
  14. Ryan

Ryan New Member

Actually, in Henson's Place, Jim says he considers them Muppets, but Muppets with a different look and feel. He said there was areas he could'nt deal with with the TMS Muppets, but it would work with new ones.
  15. gymkatarules

gymkatarules New Member

Muppet = marionette + puppet. That would include, I'd say, most every cast member of The Dark Crystal, not to mention Labyrinth. I'm sure Jim thought of them as Muppets just like any other. Sorry to beat a dead horse, or even to argue about it. I hope I'm not arguing.

-Chris :(