Got a Thing for the Bad Guys

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Which is what gets me into wacky things like Darkwing Duck, The Tick, and Powerpuff girls. You have such interresting bizzare characters. That's why the only straightforward superhero I like is Bat man. I mean, the Joker, mr. Freeze, The Penguin.... not to mention all those wacky guys that they created soley for the 1960's live action series.
Egg-xactly! (Vincent Price as Batman's nemesis Egghead). Batman is my favorite superhero too, mostly because he has such a colorful rogue's gallery of villains.

I read somewhere that had Batman continued, Two-Face would have been introduced into the series. THAT would have been cool, as he's one of my top favorite Bat-villains. But instead of portraying him as a disfigured, former D.A. (as in the comics), the TV incarnation of Harvey Dent would have supposedly been a television anchorman who is scarred when a set blows up in his face. The actor the producers had in mind?

Clint Eastwood.

In the late 1960s, Clint had made a series of Italian westerns for Sergio Leone, but was still probably best known for the series Rawhide. Although a star in Europe, Clint certainly wasn't a mega-star in the States yet (that would come in a couple of years). So it is possible the producers could have snagged him for Batman. Besides, the show had a waiting list for celebs wanting to join in the fun. Even if Eastwood was tired of TV, who knows if he would have signed on for Batman, which was the "in" thing to do at the time.

BTW, the producers had toyed with introducing Two-Face while the show was still going strong, but felt the character (and the make-up) would have been too gruesome for prime-time TV.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I think that villains gadgetry and hideouts can be just as cool lookin' as the heroes are.

Drtooth

Reaction score
You know, I like how there's a distinct difference in evil between Fat Cat and Nimnul. Fat Cat is an evil "King Pin" from Spiderman type, who rarely has to fight his own battles, and Nimnul is the stereotype of the cartoon mad scientist type. Different syles of crime, different styles of crime fighting.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Here's my favorite villan, who now isn't really a villan. I'm not going to say who it is, but I will post his Wiki page on here.
http://www.hrwiki.org/index.php/Strong_Bad
I love how he started out as a villain, and they hint at it often, but he evolved into something even weirder. Sort of a bully, but not quite.

As far as the preschool show ideal of the villain not really being evil, and just wanting to do random mean things goes, my favorite is Baikinman
from the Japanese show Anpanman. As I hate Care Bears and Strawberry Shortcake, I'm amazed I like this show.

Here's Baikinman singing about himself...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=yYd4HFMe7t4

Beakerfan

Reaction score
Ooh! I love bad guys! I mean, I love good guys too, but bad guys are awesome!

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
They be just as entertaining and more in some cases, too!

muppet maniac

Reaction score
I love me some female villains...

There's something about the evil ladies that turn me on (yes some romantically, though others either repulse or scare me...the latter in a good, "scary is fun" sort of way:

*Cruella deVil (101 Dalmatians---not the cartoon, but the live-action version, and its sequel) As much as I wanted to hate her for what she wanted to do with the puppies, because I love dogs, but still...Yes, she was kinda hot I can tell you that!

*Claudia Witch (A Simple Wish) Very hot wi-atch. Any time she showed up, I'm spell-bounded (and it's because I also happen to like Kathleen Turner)

*The Wicked Witch of the West (The Wizard of Oz) I wasn't exactly scared of her as a kid, but I can see why others would be. Did you know that Margeret Hamilton was also a kindergarten teacher? But she's nothing compared to...

*Miss Agatha Trunchbull (Matilda) Terrifying, threatening, big (literally) meanie. Oh man, if I was in that school with the other kids and she comes in interrupting class or recess (to throw me out the window or put me in the "chokey"), I'd scream like **** and try to dig my way out of that room! Don't agree with me? Just watch! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXrY6Ku_k1s

*Kathryn Merteuil (Cruel Intentions, the first one with Sarah Michelle Gellar playing her) :flirt: Must...resist...that mean evil witch...but can't...Ahh!---Oh, I'm in love, and under your power! :flirt: http://www.ugo.com/movies/evil-women/images/entries/kathryn-merteuil.jpg

*Regina (Beethoven's 2nd)

*Carmen Sandiego (Carmen Sandiego games and TV series) Smart AND sexy! Oh, and hand-drawn :stick_out_tongue:

And there's a Mexican soap-opera, the name escapes me right now, but I think it was called "Daniela---" something (I know the title ended with "Daniela"); it revolved around a family with an 8-year old girl in the lead role. Though soap operas are not my cup of tea, I remember seeing it frequently every morning a few years ago on the Mexican channel (same one that aired Plaza Sesamo) just for this next submission: They had a main villain(nes): she was a brun (black hair), often seen wearing a red dress, and whenever she'd turn up, trouble was bound to erupt.

And another worthy mention:

Malefecent (if that's the way it's spelt/pronounced) from Sleeping Beauty. Especially that scene where she turns into a dragon. To me it was awesome and intimidating at the same time as a kid.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Considering someone bumped this thread up, I just wouldn't be me if I didn't give a shout out to The Doronbo Trio Gang, Doronjo, Tonzura, Boyaki....