Goths, Punks, Freaks, and Muppets - Is it all Very Wrong?

FellowWLover

Reaction score
Matt,

Since it seems like one of the posts which made you feel berated was mine, I would just like to point out that I actually sympathized with you in the beginning of this thread, and also defended your right to speak your mind.

I am not totally sure how I feel about the "goth" community, since I really don't know anyone who claims to be "goth", however, I thought your thread topic was interesting, and was happy to see it develop. I really never thought it got out of hand... until that last post there, where you called someone here "too young and stupid". Seems ironic that you appear to have ruined your own thread, and just when it was going so well, too!

I say, on with the cultural debate... minus the personal attacks of course!

kansasteen14

Reaction score
okwell I am just going to stop because how can you call me stupid you have never met me and where did it say I was 14 just because it says that in my name means nada.and I am NOT a stupid person and am actual very gifted ask anyone I know.and I am sure everyone can care less for you and I will stop personal attacks but I cant get kicked off this board anymore than you(actually you could more probably) but if ur 17 how could you be that much smarter than me?

FellowWLover

Reaction score
Hey Satori and Cory (that is "Beaker" for those who don't know),

Did one of you refer to that documentary about the "Club Kid Murder"? (I forget the guy's name right now... think it was Michael something. Does someone here know?) I have seen most of that on TV a few times, and have to admit that I found the whole thing fascinating.

Now for my question...

Was the "club kid scene" accurately portrayed there? What is your take on the coverage of that story and situation in general? How do you think the "club kid" bit is different from, say, the whole (original) Studio 54 hype? And when we are talking club kids, we don't really mean "goth" do we? (The only "goths" I ever knew were really just teens with too much time on their hands and a penchant for black hair dye... but remember folks, I am in my thirties.) And did the MTV expose on goth lifestyle do it justice? (haha)

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Excuse me FellowWLover, but did he not disrespect me 3 times before I posted what I did? I even editted my first post and APOLOGIZED to him about being to harsh, and your telling me I'm wrong?

Now, Kansasteen, when I said what I said about your age, I was moreso commenting on your mindstate. Yes, I'm 17, but if you've read any of my threads, you will see I am a very aticulate and intellectually tactful person who is well spoken and in no way a typical 17-year-old. Even Cory stated in one thread that I spoke very well. Its not about being "smart," its about carrying yourself properly in your posts, which I do. Now, I did not provoke you sir, I responded to the snied remarks you made towards me prior to my posts. I even (as previously stated) Apologized to you for being too harsh in my first post about you, and you have the nerve to say degrading words after that? I think I deserve an apology from you sir. I have shown nothing but respect, and you have been hurtful nearly any time. If you'd just admit you were wrong and apologize I'd love to just drop it.

It seems that I just can't do anything right around here. I apologize, and still get walked on.

-Matt

Natalie

Reaction score
hey Matt, get on aim, i need someone to talk to now, i'm bored

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Are you talking about that A&E special on the club kid murder? Woah, creepy. It accurately portrayed one segment of the scene. It went a little overboard equating the lifestyle to murder, but that was just humorous sensationalism than anything offensive.

However, it does demonstrate the evils of substance abuse. Few abusers actually kill people, but that played a major factor in the crime IMHO. The report exposed that eventually the lights come on and what's left hanging around isn't always pretty because it can actually be very lonely for those who live for clubbing. I actually enjoyed the piece. It was just about as accurate as any news story.

Now, the MTV specials are truly laughable. The Goths I knew wouldn't appear on that channel if their lives depended on it. LOL!

Goths are not necessarily club kids, but they do go out - just to different places. Part of it is really "see and be seen". I walked the line between Goth and club kid so I never really subscribed to either group.

Natalie

Reaction score
(sigh) whatever, no one ever wants to talk to me

Billy's Girl

Reaction score
I'll talk to you!!! I just haven't posted here because I don't like getting drawn into arguments!!!

So......Hi Ngirl23!! Hope you are having a good day!! :smile: :smile: :smile:

FellowWLover

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
Are you talking about that A&E special on the club kid murder?
Yeah that is one! I really thought it was well-done, but then again, I don't realy know anything about the club kid scene, so it could have been all phooey and what would I know? I didn't think that it was too heavy-handed on the drugs=murder thing, I mean that is what happened in that case... even the people involved admitted to that. I sincerely doubt he would have ever murdered anyone had he not been literally out of his mind due to drug usage. Kids.... don't try this at home.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Very true. It was a good report. I absolutely love A&E documentaries!