Great Kermit Fozzie Whatnot Interview by Fox

Kevin Knight

Reaction score
Now is it just too big of a media buy for Master Replica's to have done something like this? Think of the hilarity of Kermit and Fozzie looking at statues of themselves. It's times like this that I miss Travis, to explain things. How the real Muppets are pushing this product but not replicas of such good quality? I honestly would like someone in the know to explain this for me.

kevin

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Now is it just too big of a media buy for Master Replica's to have done something like this? Think of the hilarity of Kermit and Fozzie looking at statues of themselves. It's times like this that I miss Travis, to explain things. How the real Muppets are pushing this product but not replicas of such good quality? I honestly would like someone in the know to explain this for me.

kevin
The limited short-run nature of MR's product would likely make it too expensive to pay the performers to promote that piece alone. I wonder if some of these companies could bundle their products together in one solid push, or does that water down the promotion? :embarrassed:

Seeing Fozzie interact with his poser would be cool indeed! Built in comedy there.

Kevin Knight

Reaction score
Well wouldn't MR bump up the size of the quantity then to make it cost effective to do that kind of publicity, thereby also lowering the retail price point? Do they have a policy in wanting to keep these as "collector's edition." Instead of lower price, more quantity, with more profit potential? That sounds like biting your nose, to spite your face.

KK

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Well wouldn't MR bump up the size of the quantity then to make it cost effective to do that kind of publicity, thereby also lowering the retail price point? Do they have a policy in wanting to keep these as "collector's edition." Instead of lower price, more quantity, with more profit potential? That sounds like biting your nose, to spite your face.

KK
I don't think they're contractually permitted to make very many of these. I remember something being said about that. I could be wrong. These are intended as short-run releases.

Actually, I think this current Muppet special is the right kind of promotion all items Muppet could use. Once the characters are back in public consciousness their goods will sell better. I do think MR has kept these a secret from so many potential customers, but I'm not sure how much of a difference it will make without current media to support the brand. It's weird, but that's the way it goes with most things. It's that little push that dives a person from being intrigued by an item - to actually put down money for it.

I wonder if there's any way that companies like MR can make YouTube ads? :confused: