Greenpeace Blasts Decision to Exclude Tongass from Roadless Rule

muppetfreak12

Reaction score
whoa... Just a little posty and I've started a bunch of Bruhaha... Sorry... *Slips silently out of thread*

BTW, the info on Tongass I got was from www.greenpeace.org and the topic is mainly one sided. Sorry if it offends anyone.

jediX

Reaction score
My question is, where/what the heck IS Tongass?

Beebers

Reaction score
It's a treasure.

In your Google window, type Tongass. Nothing else. You'll see all there is to see about it.

:cool: :cool: :cool:

Beebers

Reaction score
This all falls under the purview of The U.S. Dept. of the Interior, Bureau of Land Management, by the way, the Tongass decisions.

Snailmail is EXTREMELY effective in this day of e-mail, especially if they're bombarded with it. U.S. Dept. of the Interior
Gale Norton, Secretary of the Interior
1849 C Street NW
Washington, D.C.
e-mail GaleNorton@ios.doi.gov

J. Steven Griles, Deputy Secretary of the Interior
e-mail SteveGriles@ios.doi.gov

Bombard away. Get your friends to join in too, if they're so inclined. Also our neighbors to the North. Also, contact the governors of the western states involved. All their contact information is on each state's site, it's public domain and must be published by law. Contact underlings in their offices too, it's a good way to get the foot in the door and be heard.

Beebers

Reaction score
I'm doing a ton of stuff, this is right up my alley. *rubs hands gleefully*

Remember, it's numbers that count with these things. I got an awful lot done at local levels over the years by rallying numbers. (They're not so lazy as letters are.) Just my sense of humor. Good for you, use all avenues, not just one.

:attitude:

Beebers

Reaction score
Rather than start a new thread, I just wanted to also mention and remember Martin King, Jr., life and work. We're a better place and people because of him.

:cool:

Phantom

Reaction score
Beebers said:
I'm doing a ton of stuff, this is right up my alley. *rubs hands gleefully*

Remember, it's numbers that count with these things. I got an awful lot done at local levels over the years by rallying numbers. (They're not so lazy as letters are.) Just my sense of humor. Good for you, use all avenues, not just one.

:attitude:
Go get 'em. :cool:

Phantom

Reaction score
muppetfreak12 said:
whoa... Just a little posty and I've started a bunch of Bruhaha... Sorry... *Slips silently out of thread*

BTW, the info on Tongass I got was from www.greenpeace.org and the topic is mainly one sided. Sorry if it offends anyone.
No bruhaha. Just a passionate discussion of issues instead of personal politics. Much more productive, don't you think?

I apologize if it seemed "testy". :embarrassed: