1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Grover on "Jimmy Kimmel Live" this Monday

Discussion in 'Sesame Appearances' started by GelflingWaldo, Apr 1, 2005.

1. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

I enjoyed it. It was cool to hear Grover talk about his good friend "Kermie Baby." I've loved Grover ever since I've seen him on SS. I'm glad to hear that hes back for good. GO GROVER!!!! And talking back to Tim was funny. He needed some talking to. YOU TELL HIM, GROVER!
  2. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

Mised it :( Would love to see it if anybody would be willing t send it o me please contact me. It is my fault fo oin two days without checking the forums. I guess I have learned my lesson. :smirk:
  3. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Man it's been ages since I've seen Grover outside of 'the street'. It's good to see Sesame characters on lat enight tv...heck it's good to see any Muppets on talk shows.

I love how Kermit and Piggy were mentioned...it shows that the only people who care about the 'legality seperation' between Sesame Street and the Muppet Show are layers...as to me and the rest of the world Muppets and Sesame Street are one in the same. It's too bad they didnt have Grover's figure, isnt it available now? Would have been a fun plug. But great to see Grover, he sounds and acts like he always has, as far as I can remember. They should have cut that lame emo indie rock band and gave Grover more time. He's so cuuuute!
    So yes, more Sesame characters on talk shows soon:)
  4. AndyWan Kenobi

AndyWan Kenobi Active Member

I loved it! It seemed like an odd setting for Grover, but I thought he handled himself with typically cute and furry dignity. I really think Eric's doing a terrific job with Grover's character.
  5. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Wha? Was it Eric voicing Grover last night? Rully thought it was Frank.

Anyway, after taking care of the dumb flyboy... Let's go to Disneyland Jimmie baby!
  6. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

Did you all hear the noise late last night? I was banging my head on my wall because I realized TOO LATE that I missed it! AAUUGGGHHH!!!
  7. count123

count123 New Member

Big Bird was on Ed Sullivan often ...that's prime time.
  8. ftnpro

ftnpro Member

You go, Grover!

Arrrrgh. I too managed to miss Grover's appearance. If anybody can make a QuickTime or something of it, I'd love to see it. Strictly for non-profit, non-copyright violation use, of course. I'll even promise to buy some Sesame Street merchandise!

It's great to see the classic characters getting out there.
  9. Kimp the Shrimp

Kimp the Shrimp Active Member

i t was fun but nothing special he did say that Cookie Monster was on a diet but the don't think it will last
  10. sanfranciscogrl

sanfranciscogrl New Member

if any of you missed it and have AOL, a clip of it is on the AOL TV top 5.
  11. I thought it was awesome. Grover stole the show. He was way more funny and entertaining than Tim Daly. I laughed so hard when he told Tim that Super Grover would be out in the parking lot waiting for him after he insulted Sesame Street. I agree that the band sucked and Grover should have got more air time.
  12. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Well-Known Member

I agree. That was good. I was kind of disappointed though when Grover was shown at the end and he didn't say anything. It seems like Eric left and they just kept the puppet there. I also liked the Kermit the Frog reference. I was worried people might have forgotten about him being on Sesame Street. Lol.
  13. Katzi428

Katzi428 Well-Known Member

Oh yeah....SO true! :D
    I needed to get up early today,but it was worth staying up & seeing lovable furry old Grover :)
  14. His entrance rocked too where they had the big curtain open and the spotlight. It was an entrance worthy of him.
  15. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

Yay! I taped it and watched it this afternoon. It was so funny! That Tim Daly guy made me mad though (what's not to like about Sesame Street?). It was neat because you couldn't even tell that a pupetteer was controling Grover. I was trying to figure out where they were hiding. ^_^ But I gave up. :p It was so fun to watch!! :)
  16. Ziffel

Ziffel New Member

Yes I also taped it last night and watched it late this afternoon. A very fun interview. Liked how Grover defended Oscar and Cookie Monster when Kimmel digged at them a bit. Way to show great SS camaraderie Grover! Also nice that he said Kermit was probably his closest friend of all the many friends of his on SS, seeing as how he probably did more skits with Kermit than any of the others.
  17. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

Yeah, so true. Hey, anyone know who performed him? I'm certainly not an expert on these things but to me it sounded like it would have been Frank Oz. Wouldn't that have been cool? From what I can tell on his imdb work profile thingamabob, he hasn't really done Sesame street in a few years now.
  18. I was wondering that myself how they did all that. I was really curious before he came out how they would show him. When he was walking out you couldn't see below his waist. I wonder how the live audience saw him.
  19. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

I'm thinking that it was just like how Kermit was on Jimmy too. The live audience saw the puppeteer doing Grover. I know since thats how Kermit was done when he was on Jimmy Kimmel. Oh and it was Eric who did Grover.
  20. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member