Grover the Sellsman Thread

Pino

Reaction score
Okay.. Do ya all remeber those helarious sketches wher Grover tried to sell stuff to Kermit?
I remember the one with the toothbrush!
Kermit says that frogs don´t have teeth... a minute later Grover gives him fake teeth.
Which ones do u remember? :wink:

Erine81981

Reaction score
I like the one where Grover sells Kermit a weather machine. "It snows, rains and windy!!" Want to buy it?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Pino said:
Okay.. Do ya all remeber those helarious sketches wher Grover tried to sell stuff to Kermit?
I remember the one with the toothbrush!
Kermit says that frogs don´t have teeth... a minute later Grover gives him fake teeth.
Which ones do u remember? :wink:
That one! I LOVE that one! When Kermit looks at the camera and has teeth and makes that weird sound with the teeth in his mouth, that is SOOO funn-ee!

I loved the old sketches like that. It was good to have those little sketches intermingled with the educational stuff.

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
I only remember the ones with the fake teeth and the fake ears. The fake teeth bit was reused in a later (80s) demonstration by Grover and Kermit about what teeth are used for.

ssetta

Reaction score
I think they actually took off the one with the fake teeth because there was a letter from someone who complained about it. After the fake teeth are in Kermit's mouth, Grover asks him how many toothbrushes he wants, and Kermit bites Grover's arm, and tries to run after him.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
It was probably someone writing the letter who was disabled with Tooth-Deficiency and felt it gave a bad stereotype of False Teeth.

Ryan

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
It was probably someone writing the letter who was disabled with Tooth-Deficiency and felt it gave a bad stereotype of False Teeth.
ROFL! That's crazy, the Muppets are supposed to be violent! :crazy: :wink:

Pino

Reaction score
And I remeber a skit where Grover flood kermits livingroom. Is he a clumpsy plumber? :big_grin:

Joggy

Reaction score
I think I remember all of these...

Grover the Weather Salesman. I think that was the first one. He brings a weather machine into Kermit's house and demonstrates snow, wind, and rain in his living room. Kermit doesn't want to buy any of these, so Grover leaves, but he doesn't turn off the rain; he sells Kermit an umbrella instead.

Grover as a toothbrush salesman
Grover as an earmuffs salesman (Kermit ends up with two ears)
Grover as a nosewarmer salesman (Kermit ends up with a nose)
Grover as a glasses salesman (Kermit ends up with a nose AND ears)

Grover the wig salesman. He gives Kermit one for free, and then tries to sell him a comb.

Plumber Grover. After deciding which size of pliers he will use, he floods Kermit's house. The scene ends with Kermit and Grover trying to drink the water up with a straw.

Monster Repair Team. The faucet is leaking and Kermit calls the plumber. Grover the Plumber appears with his Monster Repair Team (Herry as a phone repair man and an unnamed female monster as an electrician). Grover repairs the faucet, but had to remove some of the telephone wires. Herry repairs the telephone, but had to remove some fuses and causes a blackout. The female monster repairs the electricity - but of course she had to remove one of the water pipes...

Splurge

Reaction score
They may have tried to revive the bit, even with the passing of Jim Henson, because Grover came to the house of Fat Blue with a variety of wigs. He forces one wig onto another on Fat Blue's head, but he just wants to be left alone. But then FB finds one he does like and sticks it on his head himself, but it turned out to be Grover's pet guinea pig.

Grover: "I do get so lonely on the road."