Grover the Sellsman Thread

ssetta

Reaction score
There were 2 other sketches with Grover coming to FB's house.

There was one from the early 80s (probably the first one where he wasn't a waiter) where he came as a singing telegram deliverer. He keeps delivering the wrong one, and then has a singing and dancing telegram at the end. Finally, it is the correct one, but Grover cannot remember the name of the person who sent the message. Then, FB runs inside and flips out.

And there was one that was done in 2000 where Grover was actually training Elmo to be like him and deliver telegrams. FB doesn't even want to come out, because he was taking a nap. The telegram was from FB's mommy in Cincinatti, and FB claims his mommy lives in Chicago. Then, Elmo, the train-ee followed Grover's steps, but Grover tried to tell him not to disturb the same person, but he does anyway, and does the telegram the exact same way, but replaces the word "Cincinatti" with "Chicago," to make it correct. Then FB says, "Come again anytime...WITHOUT HIM!"

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Cute furry Grover with cute furry Elmo? That had to be cute.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
I'd like to see them revive the old Kermit and Grover skits, but also make some new ones too. I think Kermit would work better now if they did that.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Some great Kermit & Grover moments can be seen on the new season of Play With Me Sesame.

ssetta

Reaction score
You know, something just came to me. I believe in Season 29, it was like the next to last episode of the season. There was actually a NEW Kermit and Grover sketch. I thought it might just be an old one that I had never seen before, and maybe it was, but it sounded like it was Steve Whitmire, and not Jim Henson. It was a sketch about dark and light. He had a lamp in the room. And right when he turned off the lamp to show dark, Grover came in and opened the door, letting light in. So then, one of them closes the door, I think it was probably Grover, and we just see their eyes moving around in the dark. Grover steps on Kermit, and we hear crashing sounds all over the place. Then Grover opens it by force, the whole house is destroyed, and when Kermit gets up from unconciousness, he has the lamp shade on his head, and Grover says, "Where did you get that hat?" And the skit ends.

I wonder what made them think to do one all of a sudden. It could have just been an old one I had never seen before, but I remember it sounded like Steve Whitmire doing Kermit.

roadrat15

Reaction score
I remember those old Grover Salesman classics especially when;

1) Kermit attempts to chomp on Grover with his new false teeth

2) Grover tests out Kermit's new front ears by screaming, " THAT WILL BE SEVEN DOLLARS!!"

3) Kermit doing his Groucho Marx imitation: " That is the most ridiculous thing I ever hoid!" :smile:

erracht

Reaction score
Oh, I remember those all right. I thought Kermit looked
hideous with those false teeth, but I recall him as being
hilarious with the false ears and with the Groucho mask
(Grover was selling shades there, right?)

The plumber skit had them drinking the flood water with
straws. I wouldn't try that at home - wouldn't the
electric outlets electrocute you when the water level
came up to them?

And do you remember the one when Grover gave him a
"nose warmer"? I think it was something like a mix between
a sock and a ski mask. Actually, that one just might have
been useful! :smile:

Miriam483

Reaction score
grover and earmuffs

hey everyone, i have a question:

i'm looking for an old episode of sesame street where grover puts on earmuffs and pretends to be deaf...does anyone remember this, and what episode it was? is it the same episode where he sells earmuffs, or no?

thanks!

Splurge

Reaction score
Are you sure he didn't put them on as a way to keep him warm? That's what I remember.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Phillip Chapman said:
Some great Kermit & Grover moments can be seen on the new season of Play With Me Sesame.
Huh> :confused: The only one I saw on PWMS was last season where Grover sold :smile: sunglasses and gives his false ears and nose.