Gruff The Goat On Ebay

Blink

Reaction score
Keeermit said:
thanks I think he is a great puppet to operate, and a little bit different to what I have been making lately... WOOOOORD! :smile:
Hey Jarrod,

Did you carve him or is he sheet foam? I know you like to carve your puppets, but if you did use sheet foam, what type of mouth grip did you design?

He looks great by the way. As I have said before, I like your design sense. Nice choice of colours.

Keeermit

Reaction score
hey blink - Gruff is made from reticulated sheet foam - I dont carve much anymore, i prefer to make with sheet foam......WOOOORD!

Blink

Reaction score
Keeermit said:
hey blink - Gruff is made from reticulated sheet foam - I dont carve much anymore, i prefer to make with sheet foam......WOOOORD!
I am on a bit of an opposite journey as a builder. I have always worked with sheet foam and I am now starting to carve more.

What did you use for a mouth strap? If there is one. The thing I like about carving foam is that you can carve a nice snug fit for the hand without the need of a strap (usually).

The shape of his head could also be used very nicely for a wolf character too.

By the way if that is you puppeteering I am impressed with your ability to change your accent (sounded pretty "North American rapper" to me).

furryfriends

Reaction score
just wondering how did you get those wrinkles in the snout also what did you use for eyes

Keeermit

Reaction score
thats cool I guess it depends what yuo are building whether or not you sculpt the foam or use sheet foam. I only use reticulated foam now - which as you know is much more expensive than regular foam - and if i was to buy a block of that foam it would be over $100 for a 10inch cube. his wrinkles on his snout are made by large stitching across his snout... WOOORD! :embarrassed:

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
He's an excellent puppet once again. They just keep getting better and better. Wish I had a few spare hundred dollars.