1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Guess it's about time: From the REAL Greg Berg

Discussion in 'Muppet Babies' started by gregishere, Jan 12, 2012.

1. DannyRWW

DannyRWW Well-Known Member

Funny story

rome kapen likes this.
  2. rome kapen

rome kapen New Member

Agreed

3. gregishere

gregishere Member

Hi Muppet Babies Lovers,

How about a TRIVIA SURPRISE before the year ends?

After reading various questions, answers, and write ups about the cast and crew of MUPPET BABIES, I've noticed 1 piece of news researchers and reporters have never revealed or covered of the cast!

So, as my holiday 2012 gift to fans and followers I will pass, what I feel fits in as interesting trivia.

Prior to Muppet Babies, circa 1982, my first animated pilot in which I was the lead character,was a show called 'ROBOTMAN AND FRIENDS'.
    (It was loosely based on a comic strip character in many newspapers.
    The studio was DIC Entertainment. It aired on TV and 2 VHS versions-one just a couple minutes longer.)

Among the short cast- Me,Frank Welker, and Katie Leigh!

2 years later,(1984), fate and our talents would reunite us, to perform characters in the cast of JIM HENSON'S MUPPET BABIES!

GonzoLeaper, rome kapen and Slackbot like this.
  4. gregishere

gregishere Member

Hi Show lovers.
    Summer' end 2013, see a new MUPPET MOVIE is in the works and although I was heard in the last one,I called my contact to see if I may have any involvement on this newest but was not called for anything.(Usually I may be asked in to even do additional voices but had no call...part of what I heard was some accented voices were needed...I also do 'some' accents, but they may have used naturals or people they had requested??) Maybe I'll have to wait like everyone else to see if it continues to be well accepted.

5. GSmiley2007

GSmiley2007 Member

Welcome to Muppet Central, Greg!

Just out of curiosity, have you seen some of the newer Henson shows like Sid the Science Kid, Dinosaur Train, and Pajanimals? Or even older material like Fraggle Rock? (Both live-action and cartoon versions)

6. gregishere

gregishere Member

Caught a small glimpse of Sid when switching channels(not enough to comment on.) Didn't see many of the latest projects since Brian took over..he may have many things the company has a part in, but years ago, Henson usually seem they HAD to be involved in anything that had puppets and wasn't a cartoon. Dark Crystal, Star Wars, Ninja Turtles. Don't know if there is a 'Jim Henson inspired' protege in the pipeline. I love the world of character creativity and from my background in creative voice characterization, some cartoons and animated films let me down when a well known 'actor' is brought in without a cast of equally strong character talent.Going way back,to the old days of radio,(which was soaked in imagination),you had a main talent who didn't have to put on another character voice, but the fun and ear capturing magic, which I feel made people come back weekly, was the character talent. In answer to your question, I listen to animated shows yet am not impressed by many.

Speaking of Puppets with I recently made aware of a past puppet creator I had the pleasure to meet, (Dave P.), who created a entity called The Peppercorn Puppets had passed away a few years ago.He had a good assortment of figures and I had the privilege to voice one in a pilot YEARS ago with Cathy Lee Crosby.

I hope more word gets out or upcoming people with need for animated characters, will hear I would like to add new creative ventures to my credits this year.
    That's been part of my mission in the world of voicing.

Fozzie Bear likes this.
  7. MelissaY1

MelissaY1 Well-Known Member

Hi, Greg:
    I just wanted to say "Hello" and express to you the joy you've brought me over the years using your vocal talents in many of the cartoons I've enjoyed over the years. Aside from growing up with the Muppets, I was a diehard (and still am) a big fan of Garfield, and I loved your work as Odie over the years in the animated T.V. specials and Saturday morning series. It was great to see you at work in the studio on the 10th birthday special they did for Garfield in the late 80s on CBS.

Best,
    Melissa Scopelitis

DannyRWW likes this.
  8. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

You're getting Greg Berg confused with Gregg Bergger (SP?). The other Gregg is the voice of Odie, but Greg did do voice work for one episode of Garfield, I believe. He was a robotic comedian built buy Jon.

9. MelissaY1

MelissaY1 Well-Known Member

Oh goodness, I'm so embarrassed!! :o My apologies to Greg.

10. GonzoLeaper

GonzoLeaper Well-Known Member

Awesome! Thanks for the trivia. I've got a VHS tape of "Robotman and Friends" at home. I remember having a coloring book based on that cartoon as a kid- great '80s cartoon and fun comic strip as well.:)

11. SkeetScootSquat

SkeetScootSquat Active Member

Woah! Greg,The fantastic Greg Berg is on this site! it's a small forum after all.(reference to it's a small world after all)

12. gregishere

gregishere Member

Was not in the MUPPETS MOST WANTED anywhere. My contact said the studio told them who to use instead of them calling on or getting me in...That's show biz!

13. gregishere

gregishere Member

Happy 2015 to all.
    Thanks for your Muppet Babies support-let's make our dreams come true and hope the show gets, (or closer to being), released.
    Hopefully the fans and I can meet at an animation convention in 2015...Muppets never had one since 2000 or so but I promote my TMNT, Yo Yogi, Transformer voice work and fans bring items as well.

MikaelaMuppet and dwayne1115 like this.
  14. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

Any chance you'll be at Dragon*Con? It's an all-fandom convention, but they have a very strong voice actor track.

15. gregishere

gregishere Member

As I hear of cons, I either ask or refer them to my appearance manager...in some cases, they need to ask for me to attend for a panel or signing,I can refer all 'out of California' bookings or inquiries to Emily@tribooking.com in L.A.
    She handles me for everywhere but CA. Dragon Con I wasn't sure if they were just fantasy themed as Muppet Babies ,Yo Yogi,and Transformers were not in a lot of the genres of the cons-kinda fell between the cracks..Did a Ninja Turtle event in Detroit last year and loved the response. The original voices are travelling in a group lately..I am around for anyone who brings in voice talents..

16. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

Dragon*Con is for just about everything. It has tracks for dozens of different topics, including science, robotics, Tolkien, Star Wars, anime, skeptics, tech, cartoons, puppetry...and voice acting. There's a whole track just for that. It's had other non-fantasy VAs such as Billy West and Maurice LaMarche. Shoot, in one panel an audience of hundreds learned how to do the Spongebob laugh! If you were to come, you'd fit right in. 'Specially with some of us in the puppetry track. ;)

17. gregishere

gregishere Member

Like what I was reading on it...Georgia holds it huh? Lately, if they contact me and can meet arrangements to have me, I wouldn't mind attending and speaking even...Some cons will make room if a voice talent shows up...For now, I show as a guest, as they would have to arrange to get me there and stay somewhere.

Maybe one day, I can pick up and stop at many others, but until then, organizers usually arrange things for me.