Guess Who's Quitting Disney Channel...

Drtooth

Reaction score
The only positive change I've seen on The Disney Channel is the all too fleeting and never reliable XD on Disney channel block that usually brings up to an hour of XD's programming. And some of the time it's not a live action show from that network. I've noticed they also tend to rerun the new Star Wars cartoon and I can't blame them. They obviously want it to get ratings since they put a LOT of money into buying the Star Wars license from Lucas, and a lot of money into that show as well.

Seriously. I wouldn't mind XD and Disney if they were separate but equal. They're not. Disney you get standard, but you need the pricier cable packages for XD, and that hurts their ratings. Doesn't help much that all their best shows are on XD while Disney's just 24/7 Jessie, Dog with a Blog, I Didn't Do it, and Generic Kid-Com #643-65G. I'd say they need more XD rerun time and a realization it's not 2005 anymore.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Remember when the Disney Channel used to be a premium, commercial-free network? Pepperidge Farm remembers. :big_grin:

Of course, nowadays the only things they play during commercial breaks are promos and sponsorship tags a la PBS. Don't know how much more profitable that is compared to playing actual commercials like XD does.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Of course, nowadays the only things they play during commercial breaks are promos and sponsorship tags a la PBS. Don't know how much more profitable that is compared to playing actual commercials like XD does.
That's really puzzling, right there. The sponsor tags are indeed commercials, and if they're trying for wishy washy go-arounds to appease parental groups, then why have the sponsors anyway?

And the funny thing the one that airs commercials like you aid is the one you have to pay extra to get!