Half of the Stairs are Missing

Convincing John

Reaction score
Hi TogetherAgain,

I haven't commented on your stuff before, but I just wanted to say I've read all your fanfics (wish that Say Cheese would get finished), and I just love your stories. The detail is amazing and I can see every single image playing out so clearly.

I've only done a couple fanfic related things (just a TMS script and an unfinished Fraggle story I have to wipe the dust off--I haven't forgotten it! Just other things came up...)

Anyway, I've been reading your stories to inspire my own (unposted for now) fanfic along. This story with Robin is so touching. Can you post more...pretty please? Your stories are (Scooter fist) great!

Convincing John

Beauregard

Reaction score
*boyscouts the thread, waiting for the next part*

Boyscouting in this case meaning tying the thread into every kind of knot and being prepared.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
*Boycotts the thread, waiting for next part.*
What now? Boycotting? You refuse to read it? Well, that makes it awfully difficult for you to find out if there's any more...

Beau... Don't tangle my thread. Tie it all you want, as long as you can UNtie it, because really, the last thing we need is to take a scissors to it. I wouldn't appreciate it. (I doubt Phil would appreciate us cutting up his forum, either... :crazy: )

Convincing John, I am SO glad you enjoy my stories! And DOUBLY glad that you find them inspiring. I probably never would've written a single word of any of my fanfics if I hadn't read a few by other members here at MC, so it's nice to know I can sort of pay it forward. I'll see if I can't bump Say Cheese a tad higher on the to do list... I'm suddenly realizing it's been almost exactly two years since I touched it. (Not that I took down the date or anything... I just know where I was last time I tried to write it, and I was there two years ago.)

Anyway... <crawls under rock> <activates penguin-proof shield> <scurries away through the tunnel system with Foot in tow to purchase sandals, which are quite difficult to try on without any feet...>

Convincing John

Reaction score
Convincing John, I am SO glad you enjoy my stories! And DOUBLY glad that you find them inspiring. I probably never would've written a single word of any of my fanfics if I hadn't read a few by other members here at MC, so it's nice to know I can sort of pay it forward.
Well, the fanfics around here have sure inspired me. I have about 18 chapters already of my new fanfic. What's more, three of the main individuals in this story are very familiar to us Muppet fans, yet to my knowledge, have never appeared in an MC fanfic before.

With your stories, it's all the detail and emotion from the characters that I love. I love descriptive paragraphs. I can see everything so clearly in my mind; it doesn't matter if it's Lew Zealand practicing his act and pestering everyone or the food on Kermit's tray at the hospital. It's like watching a long lost Muppet movie made during Jim's time.

I really feel for Robin in that hospital bed! His family from the swamp is truly believable. The way they react to Robin, the hospital, to Kermit...

But I also feel for poor Rowlf in Say Cheese...and Kermit in Heart of Gold (holy cow, what a story!)

Write more, please!

Convincing John

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Chapter Thirteen

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep.

Jimmy shifted uneasily on the foot of his son’s bed as he sipped his coffee, occasionally remembering to munch at the paper-wrapped carbohydrates—since he was not, after all, allergic to gluten… whatever that was. He usually remembered to make sure the food was unwrapped before taking a bite, but unfortunately got a very surprising, unappetizing taste in his mouth a time or two. His eyes drifted towards Robin, restlessly wandering over the machines. What did they all do again? Medicine, fluids, food, heart, air…

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep.

Fozzie carefully balanced the styrofoam tray on his knees as he drizzled syrup over his pancakes, wondering whether he would be more helpful to Kermit by staying here, in the hospital, or by going to the theater and being in the show. Would Kermit be alright here? He seemed alright. Of course he would be alright. They would never let him be the only one here. …And yet, he was Kermit’s best friend. He was supposed to stay here. Wasn’t he? Besides, it was sort of his fault that any of this had happened… He looked up at little Robin, lying so very still in the big hospital bed. With a deep breath, he forced himself to look down and stab a plastic fork at his breakfast. The show must go on…

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep.

Sweetums shifted his weight against the cold tile floor and gulped the second half of his coffee, wishing it was sold in larger servings. If he ever owned a coffee shop, it would sell gallon-sized cups. He crumpled the pathetic styrofoam in his hand and looked at his little buddy on the hospital bed. …Before long, he was going to have to excuse himself from here, and go find something to break. But he would come right back. In the meantime… throwing the car that had hit Robin sounded pretty good.

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep.

Miss Piggy uncrossed and re-crossed her legs, her eyes sliding over Kermit’s profile between sips of coffee. He had, essentially, dismissed her to the theater for the rest of the week. He didn’t need her here, apparently. He didn’t need her emotional support. …But it wasn’t that, really. There was no reason to be offended. If anything, she should have felt honored that he trusted her so much, that he was relying on her to carry the show. The show wouldn’t be the show without you. Well, it wasn’t going to be the show without him, either.

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep.

Kermit was very still, holding Robin’s hand, his eyes drifting over the ceiling. He was almost oblivious to the cup of tea in his hand. He took a long, slow, deep breath, and gently let it out. Then he sat up and looked at Miss Piggy. “How long, do you think, until the press catches on?” he asked quietly.

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep.

Miss Piggy bit her lip, sitting a little straighter. “…Kermie,” she said quietly, “They already know.”

He frowned. “…They do?”

“The reporters were already there, before the ambulance even left,” Fozzie said. He didn’t expect Kermit to remember that. In fact, he doubted Kermit had even noticed the reporters at the time.

“…Oh…” Kermit sighed and frowned, looking at his nephew. “…Have they been making a big deal about it?”

Miss Piggy and Fozzie looked at each other, each silently, urgently asking if the other had paid any attention to the press whatsoever. “…Um…”

“There haven’t been many reporters,” Miss Piggy said. “…Of course… Moi hasn’t been out much, during the day…”

Kermit nodded grimly and looked at her. “More than usual, though?”

“Enough to have to shoo,” she said. “Not enough for karate.”

Jimmy quietly cleared his throat, stood up, and slipped out of the room.

The room’s other occupants straightened up, seeing him go. Fozzie frowned. “…Kermit? Why—“

“He—He probably just—didn’t want to interfere,” Kermit said quickly, uneasily. “Show biz talk, y’know…” He remembered the tea in his hand and took a long gulp.

Fozzie caught a glimpse of Miss Piggy’s skeptical look. “…But—he wouldn’t have interfered,” he said. “We didn’t mean to make him uncomfortable—“

“I know. Don’t worry about it,” Kermit said hastily. He straightened up and carefully tucked the ball under Robin’s hand. “We’ll have to see how much the media knows already. They might push a little more, around the theater.” He frowned thoughtfully. “Sweetums? Could you—I mean… could you get the other monsters to—sort of—form a blockade, of sorts? For the theater, and… maybe here, or the boarding house…”

Sweetums nodded slowly. Kermit would stick by his little buddy at all costs, and in the meantime, this little assignment would be a built-in excuse for him to slip out of the way and find something to break.

“We’ll have to tell them something, Kermie,” Miss Piggy said softly. “I know… they don’t have to know every detail, but…”

“I know,” Kermit said. His eyes lingered on his small nephew. After a hard gulp, he very quietly added, “I guess, since Jimmy and Leaper are here, they should decide how much of—their son’s information, is released.”

Miss Piggy frowned, her blue eyes darkening. “Vous would know more about it than they would, Mon Capitan,” she whispered.

He nodded, and then shrugged. “He is their son…”

“And your nephew,” Fozzie said firmly.

“And our Robin,” Sweetums added in a low rumble that startled the others in the room.

“…Right,” Kermit said quietly, his eyes settling on the little frog beneath the tiny oxygen mask. “Of course… of course.” He was quiet for a moment. “…When Leaper gets here, could you have her and Jimmy come talk to me?”

“Oui, Mon Capitan,” Miss Piggy said softly, and she took another long swallow of her coffee.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Lisa... you epitomized the phrase "short but sweet" with this chapter here. I love Kermit, Piggy, and Fozzie (he's between his rock and a hard-head--Ahh! Wocka! Wocka!) talking about the press... of COURSE they'd need to know. I didn't even think of that. *sigh* Well... Go get 'em, Sweetums! Just... whatever you break, I hope it isn't me! And while you're out... kick Jimmy back in here!

*ahem* :zany:

MORE PLEASE! ! !

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
I have never loved Sweetums as much as I did in this chapter. I love all of his emotions and wanting to break something and his line about Robin being "OUR Robin". That was perfect. Perfect beyond words perfect. And until you brought it up in this chapter, I didn't think about the press either. Glad Kermit has a plan though, always the leader even in the toughest of times.

Great chapter, must have MORE.

Alpha Centauri

Reaction score
Another AMAZING chapter from you. Poor Jimmy he must feel like such an outsider in his son's life. I LOVE how Fozzie doesn't know if he should stay with Kermit or do the show. And the press, one can only wonder what Fleet Scribbler is writing.