Halloween is just around the corner

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Masks I don’t mind long as I can still breathe and see through.

I’m not the biggest fan of having makeup on my face.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
like. i dunno maybe it's just where i live that's the problem but it doesnt really seem like anyone is putting up decorations. There aren't really any good horror movies on, no one is even talking about halloween. As someone who loves halloween its disappointing

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Perhaps, because I haven't been seeing so much of a lacking in any of those areas.

Of course, maybe part of it is due to another crappy year basically zapping people of any kind of holiday spirit.

wiley207

Reaction score
Masks I don’t mind long as I can still breathe and see through.

I’m not the biggest fan of having makeup on my face.
Yeah, in many cases I find masks to be more effective than makeup. Though I've seen numerous Halloween safety guides for kids advise against wearing masks and recommend makeup, but in most cases they are talking about those cheap plastic face masks for children, the kind often included in those old Ben Cooper/Collegeville-style Halloween costumes...

In most cases, those cheap plastic face masks were indeed harder to see out of than your average full-head rubber mask. And the fact they were flimsy plastic made it worse. At least latex rubber lets your skin breathe inside the mask, despite it still getting pretty hot in there. (Vinyl rubber masks don't, though.)

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Growing up, those Ben Cooper make and costumes were everywhere. I had my share of them. But some kids went to great lengths to make their own costumes. Props to them.

The first time I ever wore makeup was when I was three. There was some carnival and I got my face painted up as a clown. I loved the way you can transform your face like that.
Too bad after a while you sweat and the makeup gets smeared, but for the time being it looked great.

Ine costume I’ve seen over the past ten years or more is a hippie costume. Basically a cheap tie dye shirt, a peace medallion, and a long hair wig. I don’t need that costume. That’s me all year round! 🥶

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Jonathan Richman's English version of his "Vampire Girl" song is awesome:

His Spanish version of his "Vampire Girl" song is . . . not as awesome:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Gotta say I'm enjoying myself immensely listening to MCR's Halloween music scarathon, especially since there are some tracks I don't know the Muppet source of in spite of searching at Muppet Wiki. :batty: :smile: