Happy Birthday, George Harrison!

dabauckham

Reaction score
Winslow Leach said:
When George died, it came as a shock as well. I know he had been sick for some time, but he always seemed to pull through.

I still listen to All Things Must Pass, IMHO one of the top three solo Beatle albums (the other two are John Lennon/Plastic Ono Band and Imagine).

I love the original, acustic version of While My Guitar Gently Weeps from the Anthology.

Of course, George had a wonderful sense of humor, and appeared in Eric Idle's The Rutles as a reporter. He also financed Monty Python's Life of Brian, and would sometimes appear during their live shows as one of the chorus members during "The Lumberjack Song."
I agree with you a million times over, Winslow Leach! :sing:

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Yeah, I was sad to hear that George died, but I had kind of been expecting it since the summer. They announced on CNN that George had throat cancer and wasn't likely to live much longer, and then they showed Ringo giving his reaction during rehearsals with the All-Starr band.

I believe George once said, "The only thing worth getting out of bed in the morning for is Monty Python." Great line...and as some fans have speculated, maybe he would have liked to appear on TMS.

Happy belated birthday, George.

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Bill Bubble Guy said:
I hope George and John are both singing praise to God Beetle-style in heaven.
Very true. Let's see, two appropriate songs would be "Let it Be" and "My Sweet Lord."

Kiki

Reaction score
Hokay, this is REALLY weird! on the exact day of George's birthday, I hadto hand in this R.E. assigment for school. You hadto pick a song about joy to the Lord and all that... and I picked George Harrison's 'My Sweet Lord'! One the SAME day as this b-day! What a cooool coincidence... just thought I'd share that w/ y'all. :wink: :smile:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Wow...THAT WAS AWESOME!

Not since the Anthology have I been so excited. I did email a question in and it was the first thing Larry King asked (he stole my question! hehe). Paul and Ringo still work so well together. It was just like 1964 during press conferences. And it was so nice to hear them talk about George and John. And Olivia and Yoko were great too. :smile:

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Yeah, it was a great show. Larry even seemed awestruck. At one point, he mistakingly called Ringo "George!"

Paul and Ringo played off each other wonderfully (that whole pinching thing was funny), and it was nice seeing them with Yoko and Olivia. The two women seemed genuinely surprised when Paul said that John suggested "Something" should be put out as a single.

I'll have to pick up Sir Paul's new album. One critic called it "the best album Wings never made.":big_grin: And it's cool that Ringo's back catalog has been remastered, and will be reissued in August. I love the album Ringo (1973), in which John, Paul, George and friend Harry Nilsson contributed.

Overall it was a great hour of Beatles television. John and George were represented not only by their wives, but by well-chosen pictures and film clips.

travellingpat

Reaction score
OMG it was soooooooooooooooooooo great! THE best Larry King Episode I think Ive ever seen...wow! They were all awesome and it was great to see everyone together again...