1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Happy Healthy Monsters DVD

Discussion in 'Sesame Merchandise' started by Dantecat, Dec 8, 2004.

1. Dantecat Active Member

Okay,This DVD Won't Be Released At All Till February 1st But Here's The Description Of The DVD Since We Saw The Cover.It Says:It's a fun-filled,get-up-and-move fitness extravaganza!Grover hosts his own exercise show,Fuzzy,Blue and Healthy Too on the Happy Healthy Monsters TV network.Join Elmo and Zoe as they watch Grover and friends jump into shape by learning the importance of eating healthy snacks,moving your body,and getting plenty of rest.DVD features include chef cookie game,DVD-ROM coloring sheet,and 3 bonus Sesame Street Shorts.Celebrity guest stars include India Arie,Wyclef Jean,and Andy Richter.A bonus growth chart with a message from Elmo is included.

That's Everything! ;)

The Picture Of The Cover Is:www.bestprices.com
  2. Dantecat Active Member

Okay,About 28 days left to this DVD comes on February 1st! ;)
  3. bobhopesite Active Member

Thats terrific! :excited:
  4. Dantecat Active Member

That's Good! Are you going to buy it? :)
  5. Dantecat Active Member

And One more thing,Can Phillip make this thread a sticky?
  6. Dantecat Active Member

2 more days left! :excited:
  7. Dantecat Active Member

Whoever bought this DVD,Let me know how is it and what old and vintage muppet skits are on there please!
  8. MuppetDude Active Member

The only "vintage" clip I saw from it was "Fruit Song" by Joe Raposo. ("What do you do with a fruit?")

P.S.: One of the best reasons I can give to buy the DVD is this: Cookie Monster has dreadlocks in one scene.
  9. Drtooth Well-Known Member

What other skits are on it, just asking?
  10. MuppetDude Active Member

There was a "Jump Human Letters on the Beach" clip, and the "Jump Up" song from 2004 where a bunch of minstrels play in front of a brownstone. Those are the only two I can remember for now.

Another nice thing about the video is that two of the characters are named Bobby and Sissy (but are different than the ones from the "Grover Monster's Workout Video" clip). Jennifer Barnhart also plays a few characters.
  11. dietrich Member

Can anyone give a recap of the DVD if it is worth checking out?
  12. jeffkjoe New Member

HAPPY HEALTHY MONSTERS is a let-down.

I bought it for my daughter, and she seemed moderately interested.

This DVD IS geared for the modern-day Sesame viewer, with Zoe, Elmo, and Grover, but it's TOO much Grover and not enough Zoe and Elmo.

Kinda boring - They focused mainly on eating right and exercising, but those lessons were done better with the DVD's LET'S EAT! and ELMOCIZE.

And for the classic fan, there's that one Joe Raposo song about fruit that someone mentioned.

It's about a B-, C+
  13. Drtooth Well-Known Member

TOO MUCH GROVER?!?!?!? There IS no such thing... at least considering the alternative!
    ;)
  14. MuppetDude Active Member

I'd give it an A to an A-.
  15. Erine81981 Active Member

THATS AWSOME!!! Grover being my roommate this cool! YEAAAAA!!!! I've got to buy it now.
  16. littleboy New Member

I didn't like it. I was looking for classic sesame street, and the only part I liked was when Grover said "We aren't talking about cookies today" and then he was thinking of all the times cookie is eating cookies. My favourite part was when it was raining cookies.

They did a horrible version of the healthy food rap. shudder
  17. minor muppetz Well-Known Member

I haven't seen this, but I know that one of the bonus clips is "cookie monsters food song". does anybody know what this is?

I am dissapointed to hear that it probably doesn't have any of the segments that I was hoping for:
    near and far (has running in it)
    monsterpiece theatre: chariots of fur (has running in it... I would have instantly bought the DVD if this skit was included)
    ernie meets cookie monsters niece (has healthy food in it)
    kermit and grover demosntrate long and short (could be seen as excersize)
    kermit x-rays herry (teahces inside parts of the body... a health lesson)
    sesame street news: cookie monster as little red riding hood
    cookie monster tells ernie that he is on a diet
    any grover the waiter skits

The only segment on here I expected to be included was "healthy food"... and even then it is a newer version.