Happy New Year at Muppet Central!

Fiery Princess

Reaction score
New Year menu

I just wanted to say that I really LOVE the New Year menu..Its SO pretty. I like the colors and, well, just everything about it!! Good work!!!

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Yes, and thanks for includin' Janice---how did you dress her up like 'at?? Cause she never wears that outfit in the movie (she has 5 costumes, and that's not one of 'em---LOL! :stick_out_tongue: )

Gonzo14

Reaction score
Originally posted by Janice & Mokey's Man
Yes, and thanks for includin' Janice---how did you dress her up like 'at?? Cause she never wears that outfit in the movie (she has 5 costumes, and that's not one of 'em---LOL! :stick_out_tongue: )
Same with Animal & Rizzo

Chilly Down

Reaction score
More amazing visual trickery from Jamie. And it's the first Muppets Take Manhattan menu! Woo-hoo! If this one had been part of the menus contest, it would have won my vote hands down!

I especially like the addition of Pepe on the Times Square ball in the middle. I think this is the George Lucas Special Edition of TMTM with added characters! :big_grin:

Happy new year, all!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Had to have Pepe in it, and it was really great restyling Miss Piggy's hair. I haven't heard anyone object to losing that terrible perm (the worst period for Miss Piggy IMHO).

There was much more I wanted to add, but there was no time. The concept was sketched out months ago (like most of the menus), but was rushed in the final stage. Redressing the characters was relatively easy - It was the source images of the actual Manhattan Melodies that needed the most work.

I'm just glad that so many (11) characters were included. Wish there could have been more. We also wanted a countdown clock. There's always next year. All of the menus that will be used again will be altered a bit to make them more interesting.

The next menu will commemorate Muppet Central's 5th anniversary later this month. I'm pleased about the positive response. It's a lot of fun making these, but also a lot of work. :smile:

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
(the worst period for Miss Piggy IMHO).

waddya mean...that kinda hair was popular, although maybe not for a pig! :stick_out_tongue:

Sarah

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Ick! Yeah, that was a bad 80s trend. The ugly big hair perm! I lived in Houston at the time - the hair was even bigger. Be afraid - be very afraid!

To me, her classic straight hair with a bit of curl in it has transcended the test of time. I hated that ugly perm the first time I saw it. Someone call the fashion police. And she kept it for a few years after the film.

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
And she kept it for a few years after the film.
Oh sure Buster, YOU try finding a hairdresser that de-perms pigs - it ain't easy y'know ! :eek: