Has anyone seen, Super Grover Ready for Action?

CoOKiE

Reaction score
As it stands, i'm going tonight. Not really familiar with the streets in the inner city... so i MAY have a hard time finding everything... BUT i'm going to try my best to get to tonights show.

I'm going to buy some merchandise, depending how the prices are (which i know are outragous) and the quality. BUT! I'm def not goin broke.

CoOKiE

Reaction score
I went. And it was GREAT!

I was afride that it was TOO childish... i went with my ex, who loves Super Grover.. and she was afride during the show that he wouldn't be in it much.

Its about the Fabulous 5 trying to help teach Grover "find" his superness. Before they could help him, they had many missions themselves to go on, and learn how to help him.

I've always felt they should make a Super Grover movie, and i think they woulda done a great job if this was a movie (not sayin it was a bad play to watch live)

Now, i dont remember EVERY line, or what was goin on... But Bert comes out to get the crowd going... starts complimenting peoples nice shoes and saying "hey, you got good seats, who do you know?" then he sits and Ernie comes out to get him to sing the opening song. Bert just wants to watch the show. So Ernie says, "well i'll just have to get someone else to sing about oatmeal, paper clips and Pigeons" Thats what sparks Berts intrest and he gets up to sing, but Parrie Dawn comes out to stop him... saying the "bird" is suppossed to, so then Bert says, "Bernice?" and PD says, "No, Big Bird" then they went back stage.

Let me tell you. The opening was good.. but when Big Bird came out... that was a GREAT entrance... i felt like such a little boy again lol. I was just so excited lol. He came out alone and was saying how he wants everyone to come out n play, so they sang "somebody come and play".

I wont kill the whole story... but they used new and classic songs... like my fave, "Don't want to live on the Moon."

You can find videos like the one jeffkjoe listed, on youtube... but those are NOTHING compared to how it felt to be there.

As for the merchandise.... there wasn't anything Super Grovery. (he he he) They had Elmo head Balloons, Elmo head cups, group pic water bottles, 2 CDs, shirts for children, PVC play set, 25in Elmo doll, and mini dolls of Elmo, Zoe, Cookie, and a slightly bigger Big Bird. Elmo Flashlight and Super Grover globe on a stick type thing.. it flashes and the pic of Grover's head spins. They had the group pics penant banners with Super Grover, Big Bird, Cookie, n Elmo. Binoculars, mini Football and Soccer ball. Zoe tutu and i think braclets for girls. Programs... Not 100% sure, but that may be it.

I bought the mini plush of BB, the PVC set and the group banner... then during intermission i was curious about the cds... then said no... but i did buy the mini Cookie and Elmo plushs.

BB was $15, Cookie and Elmo were $10 (Zoe is $12, but i didn't buy her) the Penant was $7 and the PVC play set was $20. So, i spent alot... but good stuff lol.

I suggest everyone should see it. It was REALLY good... Luckly i had good seats. I was in Row J and i felt REALLY close.

Drtooth

Reaction score
jeffkjoe said:
The merchandise consists of the usual cups, penants, stickers, some Gund dolls, and something cool, an exclusive 6 pack of PVC SS figures that come with a cardboard Sesame Street set that you can place them on. Look for it.

Now, do you have to have entry to the performance to be eligable to purchase these things? That PVC thing seems pretty cool.

I have a Grover Pennant from the only time I went when I was 8 or so.

SSLFan

Reaction score
Three thumbs up!!!

Super Grover RFA had to have been the BEST SSL show ever! It seemed everyone had a part and not just Elmo. Classic charcthers( Big Bird, Bert, Ernie, Grover, etc.) really stepped their game up this time. I was so thrilled Big Bird got his fair share of stage time, unlike last year's dissapointment(Elmo's Coloring Book). If you haven't had the chance to see this show then hurry... Elmo really seems to be taking over everything..including SSL!

P.S. The PVC set includes Big Bird, Elmo, Zoe, Oscar, Bert, Ernie, Cookie Monster, and Super Grover himself.

CoOKiE

Reaction score
Just thought i'd note on the PVC set.. theres a paper/cardboardish stage on the back of the box to display your PVC characters on Sesame Street.

And i agree.. it was REALLY a good show that i'd def have to go see again.

SSLFan

Reaction score
Ok, I am humming tunes from this thing and I saw it back in Febuary! Does anyone attend theatre versions of the show? I saw it at the Fox Theatre in Detroit(I don't even live there!), and it's a great venue. If you haven't seen SSL yet, you would LOVE it, the experience would blow you away. Now, I must wait another year to see crappy " Elmo Makes Music." Hopefully I can enjoy that one.