Heath Ledger found dead

Teheheman

Reaction score
This truely was a tragic end to what seemed to be somebody who was destined to be the next great actor. Although he made his mark in movies like "Brokeback Mountain", "10 Things I Hate About You", "The Patriot", and "Monsters Ball". He seemed to be an actor whose stock was on the rise, and could have had any role out there, and at 28, he would have won an Oscar nod for any role he would've played. Sleeping pills are no joke, you could get addicted to those and think that you need more and more to sleep instead of weaning yourself off of them, you take as many as your body tells you that you need and you end up accidentally ODing like Marilyn Monroe, or this young man here. They kept talking about him saying stuff like "I can die now because I know that I can live through my daughter" or something like that and the Joker line "What doesn't kill you only makes you stranger". RIP Heath(the man named after a candy bar) and it's weird, I didn't know that he was born on April 4th, that's my Birthday too. How odd.

Daniel

muppetwriter

Reaction score
RIP Heath(the man named after a candy bar) and it's weird, I didn't know that he was born on April 4th, that's my Birthday too. How odd.

Daniel
OMG! It's my birthday, too! Man, now I feel even worse than I did when I first found out about this.:cry:

kermiegirl

Reaction score
Heath Ledger isn't my favorite actor; I never even seen any of his films. Even though I don't like him, may the Lord make him rest in peace.

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
It's clear watching him in interviews that he was serious about his work, and had fun doing what he loved. He didn't want us to watch him and think of him, but of his characters. One of the few men left in the world who really knew how to act. And I mean... really act.

dwmckim

Reaction score
Sleeping pills are unpredictable monsters indeed not to be taken lightly...someone can do great harm to themself taking too much ... and then there's people like me who once tried to take his life by taking a whole bunch of sleeping pills and aside from taking a very deep nap, had no effect whatsoever.

At a time when Hollywood is chock ful of young actors with successful careers who have nothing to contribute on an artistic level, Heath was one of those rare exceptions of someone who was fully deserving of his success.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I'm glad Warner Brothers did that. I'm getting a little sick of all the news channels falling in line with tabloid programs and heightening this tragedy with inventions, speculation and misstatements. With how slimy news has gradually gotten it's hard to tell if you’re watching CNN or TMZ. It's interesting considering how little non-industry footage and knowledge anyone really has on Ledger. He stayed away from this side of the industry. It also appears that his colleagues really enjoyed his work and company.

The Dark Knight link you provided summed things up perfectly and succinctly.

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
I'm glad Warner Brothers did that. I'm getting a little sick of all the news channels falling in line with tabloid programs and heightening this tragedy with inventions, speculation and misstatements. With how slimy news has gradually gotten it's hard to tell if you’re watching CNN or TMZ. It's interesting considering how little non-industry footage and knowledge anyone really has on Ledger. He stayed away from this side of the industry. It also appears that his colleagues really enjoyed his work and company.

Thanks, Jamie.

I think a lot of the "coverage" over Ledger's death has been disgusting. I don't watch trashy tabloids like TMZ, but some morning shows have had "exclusive" clips, direct from TMZ, such as papparrazzi shoving a camera into a teary Anne Hathaway's face, and asking how she feels, etc.

One such program had a guy from some entertainment website, who began bashing John Travolta of all people, for publicly stating the loss he feels over Heath Ledger. The "journalist" said something to the effect of, "Travolta has no right to mourn Heath Ledger, because he never worked with him, and barely knew the guy. Also, if you listen carefully to his statement concerning Ledger, it eerily mirrors Travolta's words when he spoke of Princess Diana's death."

Then you have Larry King, who the night after Ledger's death was reported, had a panel consisting of someone from Entertainment Tonight, People Magazine, Pat O'Brien, CNN's medical correspondent, director Catherine Hardwicke (who made Lords of Dogtown) and Eric Roberts, who is appearing in The Dark Knight. As usual, a lot of Larry's questions were abysmal and somewhat morbid, and he did quite a bit of fawning over Eric Roberts, whom he called "one of my favorite actors" twice throughout the segment. When Roberts brought up losing an Oscar, the following exchange took place:

King: What movie were you nominated for?

Roberts: Runaway Train.

King: I loved that movie! That was a wild movie!

Then Larry asked Eric about The Dark Knight:

King: Do you think this [Ledger's death] will give even more attention to the Batman movie?

Roberts: I haven't thought about it.

King: Don't you think so? I think it would be a bonanza!

[Later...]

King (to Roberts): This seems ridiculous, but do you play a bad guy?

Roberts: I always play a bad guy, Larry.

King: So we don't like you in this movie?

There are rumors that the role of The Joker was so intense, it caused Ledger to go insane, and it led to his death. I think this is complete nonsense. Again, a rumor started by the tabloids.

Another "insider" claimed that the media circus surrounding Ledger's death wouldn't be so intense if he didn't have an upcoming blockbuster, that "[the majority of the public] didn't know who Heath Ledger was. But the interest in Batman is so high, it has propelled his death to front page news."

I did hear that Warner Bros. will probably change their marketing campaign, which up until now, has focused heavily on The Joker. The studio may instead start advertising Aaron Eckhart's Harvey Dent/Two-Face.

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
It also appears that his colleagues really enjoyed his work and company.

Yeah, Eric Roberts on Larry King did say Heath was really professional, and fun to work with. Other actors/directors such as Stanley Tucci and Rob Reiner echoed Roberts's sentiments.

There was a recent story where Ledger was out with his daughter, and was being followed by a photographer. Ledger handed the photographer a flower, and said "I would really appreciate it if you didn't take my picture," and the photographer left him alone.

I agree that the Warner Bros. link sums up Ledger perfectly. It's certainly the most tasteful thing I've seen/heard since his death was announced.