Help me prove this?

Beakerfan

Reaction score
Hey guys! I find it kind of hard to believe that anyone truly just does not like the Muppets and or does not find them funny. Recently I've been trying to break my sister of this, mostly because I dont think she's seen enough of them to fairly say she doesn't like them. So, I've been trying to find one muppet that she might like. Maybe you guys could help me with this.

Here's why I'm having such a hard time: She doesn't like really corny stuff, she's not really into the singing/dancing kinda stuff, she's really into action/more hard core movies - although she does enjoy comedies, she's a total country girl, ummmm....... I dunno what else might help. So, do you guys have any opinions? I'm really determined to prove her wrong.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Try Bunsen and Beaker. Or maybe an old Gonzo stunt. Those should work. GO ALEX GO!! :big_grin:

Beakerfan

Reaction score
Unfortunately I've tried them. I thought for sure I'd get her with Rizzo, but no such luck...

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... Have you tried Harry Krishna?
Sorry, old habit.

You could try hooking her with some of the more arcane stuff like Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, Monster Maker or Living With Dinosaurs from JHH, The Witches... Stuff like that.
As far as country type Muppets, only one that comes to mind fright now is Polly Darton from SS but I'm not sure she'd like that.
Hope this helps and hope this doesn't drive you crazy, er crazier than you already are.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your problem Beakerfan.

Do you think your sister would find my friend Bill amusing? He is very talented to blow bubbles out of his head. I can vouch for him.

Bill: Why thank you Marty. God bless you.

Marty: God bless you too Bill.

Bill and Marty: And we pray God bless you and your sister too Beakerfan :smile:

BEAR

Reaction score
How about the Electric Mayhem? Or for another route...Statler and Waldorf.

anytimepally

Reaction score
whenever I'm faced with people who don't like the Muppets, I always trot out Fraggle Rock.. there's a little bit of everything in there, and you can probably find something for everyone.. it usually works, but not always

on a side note, I have a young cousin on whom the Fraggles didn't do the trick, so I popped in the Old School Sesame Street Disk.. I forget which one, but she was mezmorized by the Follow the Leader segment that David led with Snuffy and Big Bird and the cast.. so now she likes the muppets :smile:

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Well, it's funny that Bryan said that. Thinking about it, it seems that Statler and Waldorf would be great muppets for people who said they didn't like the muppets, 'cause that's sort of what they're about. If not, go for the Fraggle Rock!
:smirk:
:excited:
I would recomend Sesame Street, except that it sort of has a stigma to it among non-muppet fans.
:grouchy:
Are you only looking for specific muppets, or also productions? Have you tried showing her MTI? That's got action and commedy. Or MWoO? How about VMC? Well, good luck!

Hey Bryan, you're visible again! I don't know if you did it on purpose, but you were in invisible mode for a while.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
it just comes down to a matter of that people just don't like everything and you can't force them to no matter how odd it is.
I do find it strange that someone doesn't like anything about the muppets but there really is nothing you can do it's going to be on her to decide what she likes.