Help me prove this?

Beauregard

Reaction score
Sounds like she would prefer one of the classic movies -- MCC or MTI -- rather than any of the shows or 'normal' movies. The two classical epic movies are aimed at a different audience to most Muppet stuff and contain a lot of heart-felt feeling. I've never met anyone who doesn't enjoy MCC.

Of course, there is copious amounts of dancing and singing.

Beakerfan

Reaction score
Well... Have you tried Harry Krishna?
Sorry, old habit.

You could try hooking her with some of the more arcane stuff like Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, Monster Maker or Living With Dinosaurs from JHH, The Witches... Stuff like that.
As far as country type Muppets, only one that comes to mind fright now is Polly Darton from SS but I'm not sure she'd like that.
Hope this helps and hope this doesn't drive you crazy, er crazier than you already are.
Now that's definetly something I should try! I'll bet she would really like something like Dark Crystal!

Sorry to hear about your problem Beakerfan.

Do you think your sister would find my friend Bill amusing? He is very talented to blow bubbles out of his head. I can vouch for him.

Bill: Why thank you Marty. God bless you.

Marty: God bless you too Bill.

Bill and Marty: And we pray God bless you and your sister too Beakerfan
Gosh you guys are full of great ideas! It's almost like you know my sister..... I think she may like Bill!

How about the Electric Mayhem? Or for another route...Statler and Waldorf.
Good ideas, but definetly not the Electric Mayhem, because of their style (she can't stand most rock & roll, or anything close to it), and I've tried Statler & Waldorf. :sympathy:

whenever I'm faced with people who don't like the Muppets, I always trot out Fraggle Rock.. there's a little bit of everything in there, and you can probably find something for everyone.. it usually works, but not always

on a side note, I have a young cousin on whom the Fraggles didn't do the trick, so I popped in the Old School Sesame Street Disk.. I forget which one, but she was mezmorized by the Follow the Leader segment that David led with Snuffy and Big Bird and the cast.. so now she likes the muppets
Fraggle Rock could have a slight possibility. She's so complicated sometimes! And she'd kill me if I tried Sesame Street.

Try Wander McMooch.
Well, I'm not exactly sure who that is, but I'll check him out! :smile:

Well, it's funny that Bryan said that. Thinking about it, it seems that Statler and Waldorf would be great muppets for people who said they didn't like the muppets, 'cause that's sort of what they're about. If not, go for the Fraggle Rock!

I would recomend Sesame Street, except that it sort of has a stigma to it among non-muppet fans.

Are you only looking for specific muppets, or also productions? Have you tried showing her MTI? That's got action and commedy. Or MWoO? How about VMC? Well, good luck!

Hey Bryan, you're visible again! I don't know if you did it on purpose, but you were in invisible mode for a while.
We used to watch MTI all the time when we were little, so I'll have to watch it again with her and find out! (and it's got pirates in it, which will be a very good thing!)

Sounds like she would prefer one of the classic movies -- MCC or MTI -- rather than any of the shows or 'normal' movies. The two classical epic movies are aimed at a different audience to most Muppet stuff and contain a lot of heart-felt feeling. I've never met anyone who doesn't enjoy MCC.

Of course, there is copious amounts of dancing and singing.
I'll have to try MCC! Thanks!

it just comes down to a matter of that people just don't like everything and you can't force them to no matter how odd it is.
I do find it strange that someone doesn't like anything about the muppets but there really is nothing you can do it's going to be on her to decide what she likes.
True, but I'd like to at least prove that!

Thanks so much to everyone for all their wonderful ideas!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Well good luck with that! But keep in mind, sometimes people get more stubborn when you try too hard. People often end up liking things on their own when there's no pressure. :smile:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Or if that pressure is applied to underneath their fingernails, toenails, and various other pressure points....

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Or if that pressure is applied to underneath their fingernails, toenails, and various other pressure points....
Eugh! What an awful mental image! **shudders**

I was going to suggest Dark Crystal, too.

I also find it surprising when people say they don't like the muppets, or that they "don't understand the whole puppet thing" but I don't pout too much; I dont like alot of things that other people do pop-culture wise, so it works both ways. ^^ Good luck!

Beauregard

Reaction score
**still has the heeby-jeebies**
I appologuise. And I honestly didn't put that same suggestion in the Consumer Feedback box over at TKO addressed to Number 1...I'd never do that. *shifty eyes*