Help Sesame Street get 1 Billion Views on YouTube

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjd874

Reaction score
It currently says "Goal: 18 Views".

Does that mean we're only 18 views away from this top secret videos? Wow! Everone reading this, go watch a Sesame clip! We only need eighteen!
NOPE. I just checked their YouTube channel and they're still far away from their goal. Maybe you misread it, b/c it should be about 18 million views.

Oscarfan

Reaction score

Does that mean we're only 18 views away from this top secret videos? Wow! Everone reading this, go watch a Sesame clip! We only need eighteen!
It's "1B", as in one billion...

Oscarfan

Reaction score
No, I meant 18 million views until they reach their goal of a billion views. That's what seemed to confuse muppet fan 123.
What muppet fan 123 is referring to is the little campaign bar on the campaign video, which says "Goal: 1B". They mistook it for 18 more views. Yes, they do in fact need 18 million more, but that's purely coincidence.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I think Oscarfan is actually right, I thought it said 18, it really says 1B. Sorry for the mix up.

Drtooth

Reaction score

Dude, if it really was, I'd bang that out right now personally.

But we are just under 18 million from the goal. Considering it was almost 21 million from the day it started, we're making some progress.

Though i really wish they had more classic clips on their youtube page. That would make it a lot easier.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I'm surprised the channel hasn't had 1 billion views before this promotion. But I guess if they really want the views now this campaign can help motivate fans into watching a lot more (I generally prefer to watch the clips on sesamestreet.org, but you can't comment on the clips there).

I've been watching as much as I can, often going through playlists (If I want to do something else I can let the playlist run and it counts the views), and it does get tiring. Even when I just click on certain clips and let them play for a few seconds before clicking on another clip it gets tiring.

It would be great if a few more special things came out of this besides the secret video. It'd be great if Sesame Workshop were to reward fans by uploading some of the rarest most-requested holy grails and characters. I doubt they'd add "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds" or any other rare song cover, but it'd be great if they'd add videos with Leslie Mostly, Deena and Pearl, The Mudman, Shivers the Penguin, Aristotle, and Warren Wolf, the rare "Surprise!" song with the cast (not to mention the one with the hippy Anything Muppets), the fabled "crack in the wall" monster cartoon (I believe it exists, but am not sure if I've seen any official enough sources for it), and others.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Though i really wish they had more classic clips on their youtube page. That would make it a lot easier.
They need to upload some more videos now in general. Sometimes, the modern bits get tons of hits though too. That bubble-counting cartoon from last season has over four million views for some reason, and yet classics like "Frogs in the Glen" haven't even cracked a hundred thousand.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Sesame Street uses the modern clips for publicity, obviously. That's why Upsidedownton Abbey was released before it was on the show. That's probably why the new ones get all those hits.

But yeah, SW really needs to put more clips classic and otherwise on Youtube. Understandably, they must limit the uploads because they want more hits on their own site. That said, they added one more video since the contest began... Murray talking about Innovation.

Status
Not open for further replies.