Help Sesame Street get 1 Billion Views on YouTube

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Amazing. They were at 984 million hits only a few hours ago. They've really come a long way and we'll be seeing that special video in no time.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Yeah, I saw the 91 million shortly ago and I thought it was a glitch, 'cause it was switched between that and 84 million whenever I'd click on a different section.

But dayum, how they went up 7 million in a day I'll never know (rigging maybe?). I hoping it's not a glitch, 'cause the sooner we can see that video, the better1

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The problem there is that not every corresponding page updates the view count at the same time: you can look at a video, for example, and see one view count in your subscription feed, a different count in your viewing history, and yet another different count on the video page itself (which always seems to be the last one to be updated).

Channel numbers are probably affected the same way.

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
I've been watching videos for the past hour and one thing kept popping into my mind: Sesame Workshop really needs to monitor their comments. There are way too many people with their minds in the gutter on the internet (like that's anything new).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I honestly don't believe they even look through their comments... as many comments as they get on their videos at all times, they'd probably have to hire an extra person or two specifically to monitor the comments.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
The problem there is that not every corresponding page updates the view count at the same time: you can look at a video, for example, and see one view count in your subscription feed, a different count in your viewing history, and yet another different count on the video page itself (which always seems to be the last one to be updated).

Channel numbers are probably affected the same way.
But what's odd is that it has been updating regularly for the past few days, basically in increments of a million and now suddenly, it jumps up 7 million.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Sesame's at 99%! That means we'll see the top secret video soon. I can't wait!

Drtooth

Reaction score
But what's odd is that it has been updating regularly for the past few days, basically in increments of a million and now suddenly, it jumps up 7 million.
They probably haven't been counted until then. The counter is slow, and some have complained that their video views don't have nearly as much as they should.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Did SST seriously go through all 1,000+ videos on their YouTube channel and add an annotation to the 1B campaign video? O.O

Status
Not open for further replies.