1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Henson.com under construction

Discussion in 'On the Web' started by frogboy4, Mar 9, 2003.

1. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

After months of neglect, the artists at Henson are back at work. What's changed? Well, not much, but they seem to be integrating a new font and breaking up that toxic green color with some subtle shades.

The one part I really like is the character section. They have only started the Muppet section and Frank is still listed as the only performer for Miss Piggy, Fozzie etc, but Bill Barretta is featured and most of his characters are listed. Check it out. They certainly deserve kudos for taking a step in the right direction.

Now they have to go back and fix the kazillion broken links and remember to update the news section more than quarterly. Their new design has been around a year without much change. I hope these recent additions are a sign of things to come.
    :) :concern:

By the way, just noticed in reading some of the blurbs, that the copy is very old and there are some errores - Seymour is listed as one of Hunt's characters. I guess it's still a work in progress. ;)
  2. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

what's the URL again???? ;)

ooooh Bill Baretta.........must gooooo

Sarah
  3. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

i still get the old one at muppet characters! ahhhhhhh oh wait that's a good pic of bill baretta....oooooooooooooh...no must....stay...on...track.....i think i'm in the wrong place....ahhhh

Sarah
  4. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

ok how do i get that open....i am fighting this little flash box or whatever you want to call it!!! it's not fun!!!

Sarah
  5. scarecroe

scarecroe Active Member

It's still crap. Crap being tweaked by the same monkeys responsible for launching the initial crap.

No kudos deserved for anything on that site. In fact, they're in the negative kudos zone at this point. If they were serious about developing a useful site and not having a floozie attitude about it, they'd revamp and relaunch completely. They've done it before and the work they'd have to do to get it done would be minimal. Strip away the Candy Land that exists there now, use the last version of the format that came just before this Flash crap, and build from there.

I'm done now. The topic disgusts me.
  6. BoyRaisin2

BoyRaisin2 Active Member

The only improvement is when I see the video clips, I can see the WHOLE screen; the worst part is that more than half of them are GONE.
  7. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Sarah-

What exactly are you fighting with the pop up window? They still have some broken links.

Scott-

I was being a bit facetious in my kudos. I don't think the Henson.com issue is Flash or a JavaScript window - it's the lack of content, active updates, broken links and general sloppiness. Warner Bros and Disney both use Flash etc, but they pay for the best in the business. They haven't really taken advantage of Flash's abilities so far.

I'm just encouraged that some work is going on - and they have started to improve things. I'm sure they are waiting for the sale until they pour too much money or energy into the site. I still like their old site layout better. I remember when the released the Flash site last year. I used it as an example of Flash on the web at school. It received more jeers than cheers.

I feel that some corporations see the web world differently than the rest of entertainment. They wouldn't release a film that had key scenes missing or wasn't completed. They also wouldn't expect the crew to work for free. That will change, but I'm impatient. I'm just pleased that something's happening over at Henson.com. Hey, it all can't be as brilliant as Muppet Central. :halo: ;)
  8. scarecroe

scarecroe Active Member

The whole issue just makes me extremely cranky. Currently Henson.com exists as the perfect example of a site built by people who shouldn't be allowed near Flash. It can be used well, they just need to learn how.

As for content, well yeah, obviously it's lacking in that department. Not to mention navigation which is one of the worst I've seen.

Ugh, I just feel so dirty even talking about it. I try to avoid Henson.com at all costs.

I'll give cheers when they start doing something productive. Adding to the existing crapiness only makes things worse.

:attitude:
  9. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

The character list for the Muppets is promising start; I don't think it's crummy. It works for a corporate site. It seems they are trying to improve the site. The rest of it, well... it doesn't seem that they have a serious team working on it or somehow the money train stopped for their multimedia projects. Me, I would have started from scratch and built something entirely different, but they seem to like the look of the site - kind of looks like The Works book. I feel they should go for something a little more dignified, but the improvements are interesting. Sometimes you have to think within the sysetem. I hope to see more drastic changes, but I'm not holding my breath. :concern: ;)
  10. Crazy Harry

Crazy Harry New Member

I checked out the site and the character list is the same as I remeber it. Pepe is the only one of Barretta character featured.
  11. scarecroe

scarecroe Active Member

Yeah, the character list is exactly the same, I think they just added a few. Plus they've got mistakes there.

I don't think the changes have anything to do with trying to improve the site, it's just expansion of the same thing (read: crap... I've been reiterating this point).

Grrr. :smirk:
  12. Crazy Harry

Crazy Harry New Member

Yes, I beleve you've been hitting us over the head with this for a while now.

:rolleyes: :p
  13. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

Well, that's the problem when you hire monkeys to do a gorilla's job.

Henson NEEDS to hire someone JUST FOR maintaining that site. I just seem to feel that if Jim were around today, that would have been the kind of thing going on---everything would have his hand in the pudding and he would keep the company better maintained.

Kev

(That and not sell out to a malfunctioning German productoin company...THANKS BRIAN!!) :mad:

Wait--whose idea WAS it to sell out to EM.TV?
  14. Crazy Harry

Crazy Harry New Member

Do you think they can afford that at the moment?
  15. BoyRaisin2

BoyRaisin2 Active Member

I don't think EM.TV could afford it at the moment.
  16. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

Jamie will do it for a nickel.

:D
  17. Crazy Harry

Crazy Harry New Member

Like they would really spend a whole nickle.

:rolleyes: :p :smirk: :zany: :crazy:
  18. sidcrowe

sidcrowe New Member

Henson.com is a great website......FOR ME TO POOP ON!!!!

Fozzie Bear: Jamie might do a Henson website for the prestige of working for Henson, but he should be paid a lot if he did do it. Then again, if he does, Henson will take him away from us. No more holiday Flash menus:cry:

Froggy, Scarecroe: As a fella who has his own website as well, I too would like to say that Henson.com is garbage and continues to be garbage, BUT......any effort to improve is welcomed from those guys at Henson;)

I'm starting a new thread...it's about Triumph.
  19. muppet_dk

muppet_dk Active Member

I just noticed that the "Featured creature" on the website can't show the pictures anymore.
  20. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Heck, I'd do it for free. But, shhhhhhhhh. Don't tell them that. I could probably clean up their site and update it in an afternoon. I've worked tigher deadlines before.:eek: