Henson's Skrumps premiere on Yahoo Kids

ToasterBoy

Reaction score
You can subscribe to the podcast with iTunes (or your favorite Podcatcher) with this link:

http;//www.Henason.com/podcast/rss.xml

Luke

Reaction score
Thanks for that, i've worked out how to do it now, lol. Yeah i think the Skrumps sound great, love the theme.

SurfPark

Reaction score
I'm not digging it. I like the personalities, but I'm not a fan of the animation. Its that terrible CGI that makes everyone look like they're made out of rubber. I also think the animation is jerky. I'd really love Henson to do an all-ages show because the Skrumps living in this house seems too much like Blues Clues and less like the Muppet Show. When I heard the podcast I was excited that they were looking to do an ensemble cast, but with only three characters, I think we'll get bored fast.

Luke

Reaction score
I think the idea is that there will be more than 3 characters. I'm not a massive fan of CGI stuff either but it seems to be what kids want to watch right now. I see this being more of a cult thing than a massive kids hit, it doesn't have the right feel about it to have mass kid potential.

froggiegirl18

Reaction score
I agree with both surfPark and Luke..Yeah Im just not feeling it..it almost feels like a late eighties band..and yeah I have seen way better cgi on a video game. Plus the pupils going in and out kinda freaky. The bands lead gutarist I really want to put him on mute. I got extremely bored with this. True some of things were funny and I like the different setting but just not the same feel of a hit show. Does anyone else get the feel of their watching the muppet mahem..ok sorry about being so down about this but I think the company can do better than this.

Luke

Reaction score
Just wanna make clear its not that i don't like it - i actually think it sounds pretty cool, the characters look cool and i think it's great they are using CGI (as long as they still do some puppetry) I just think there are better premises for shows out there that kids will be more into than something like this - kinda cute monsters stuff. Kids grow up a lot quicker now than they used to, more Harry Potter and Superheroes. I actually think (with so many CGI movies of recent years) cartoons are gonna start to become a bit less popular and more live action dramas and things are going to come forward. A show just has to have a "feel" to it - i don't think anything Henson have done since BITBBH has really.

Much is said of the Henson Control System, and it is a great way of incorporating live interaction with animation - but when it was invented it's advantage was that it was easier to do things you couldn't really do with CGI at that time - now CGI has come on so far technology wise that you can pretty much do anything with it and the limitations are probably the other way around. I do support them using it though cos it incorporates puppetry and anything Henson does should do that really, its what makes them different from other companies being THE people to go to in puppetry.

Frogster

Reaction score
Be honest with me... is this show worth watching or is it something like Bear/ current Sesame Street/ Between the Lions type stuff?

Super Scooter

Reaction score
I dunno. I like Bear/ (most) current Sesame Street/ Between the Lions type stuff.

Honestly, I'd put the Skrumps in that group. But I like all that stuff, so...