Hensonville City 2011

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Beth: *sprawled out on couch* I am so hot. So. So. So HOT.
Rowlf: At least you aren't covered in fur
Beth: You're right, I'm sorry about that!
Rowlf: You get used to it. But even today is a bit much
Beth: Well, I think we should take a cue from our Fraggle friend and head to the pool
Rowlf: Usually I avoid water, but I'm with you, let's go
Beth: I'll leave a note for Cookie, I don't know where he is.
Rowlf: Good plan

Ruahnna

Reaction score
(Fozzie and Kermit come in, looking exceptionally bedraggled. The heat index has been well over 100 degrees F most of the day, but the room is air-conditioned and the big ceiling fans are moving the air around. As usual, they head for the kitchen and, as usual Ru is dishing something up.)
Ru: Hey fellas--come on in, oh hot and tired ones!
Fozzie: (Wiping his brow) Whew--even my eyebrows are hot.
Kermit: I hear you. If I had eyebrows, they'd be hot, too.
Ru: Sit--relax.
(She puts pimento cheese sandwiches, on dark bread, with cucumbers and lettuce on their plates. There is cold peach iced tea and each glass has a strawberry floating in it.)
Ru: (to Kermit) You want to add any protein to yours, you know where I keep things.
Kermit: (wearily) No--I'm good. (Takes a big bite.) I'm real good.
Fozzie: Got any banana pepper rings?
Ru: (exclaiming) Oh! What a good idea, Fozzie. (Retrieves them from the fridge, along with two bowls--one for the frog, one for the bear.)
Fozzie: (putting pepper rings on his sandwich) Yum! What's in the bowl?
Kermit: What is this--it smells good.
Ru: It's a gelatin dessert--it has jellied cranberry sauce, crushed pineapple, chopped apple, fresh blueberries and walnuts. It's just FULL of anitoxidents.
Fozzie: (nervously) Will they--will they hurt us?
Ru: (flummoxed) Will they--oh. Oh! No, Fozzie, honey--antioxidents are, um, well they're good for you.
Kermit: They're delicious.
Ru: (Taking off her apron) Okay guys--the kitchen is closed--can you wash up after yourselves?
Kermit: Absolutely. I'm the dish frog.
Fozzie: And I am the drying bear.
Ru: (teasingly) Why do I suddenly feel like I've stepped into a very strange superhero comic strip....

Katzi428

Reaction score
Rosita coming in from outside : Ooh...hace calor out there!
hearing chunkety-chunkety-chunk in the background Oh no...that better not be the A/C going.
Robin:No...just my sandals in the dryer. They got wet when I left them out in the rain last night.
Your what?? racing towards the dryer , shutting it off and fishing Robin's sandals out Robin giving him his sandals please don't ever put your sandals,or sneakers for that matter,in the dryer. It's too much for the dryer and it could break.
Robin near tears I..I didn't know. I'm sorry.
It's okay..don't cry. I'm not mad hugging him You're right...you didn't know.Tell you what. We'll put the sneakers by the fan over here by Gaffer's bed.
Chef: But den der kittee will smell der stinkkee sanduls!
Chef!shooting Chef a dirty look.
Chef: Ooh..I onlee kidding Robin!:wink:patting Robin on the head
Robin: Well...your feet don't smell like roses either Chef!:wink:
Oh brother!:rolleyes: Now Robin...if you'll please put the sandals by the fan.

Ruahnna

Reaction score
(The lime green double-recliners are occupied by the usual suspects.)

Fozzie: Theeth areth thoh gooth!
Ru: Thankth. Anotherth?
Piggy: Vous all sound ridiculous! Just eat them with a spoon!
Kermit: Thath no funth!
Ru: Yeath--thath no funth! (Swallowing with effort.) Ith more, ugh, fun to put the whole thing in your mouthth, um, mouth and eat it that way.
Kermit: (Working his lips to thaw them.) Yeah--c'mon Piggy, you can put a whole one in your mouth! C'mon, I know you can!
Piggy: (narrowing her eyes) Are you saying my mouth is big, froglips?
Kermit: (smiling at her) I'm saying your lips are...hot.
Ru: Gooth thwun, Kermith!
Piggy: (snapping at Ru) Oh--you keep out of this! (Taking a frozen fruit cube.) What's in these things, anyway?
Fozzie: Mashed mangoes, bananas and oranges--all frozen in an ice cube tray.
Ru: (Trying to thaw her mouth) Yeah--and we didn't have popthicle, ugh, popsicle sticks, so we're just eating the cubes as, um, cubes.
(Doubtfully, Piggy puts one in her mouth, then her blue eyes fly wide.)
Piggy: Wow! Theeth areth amathing!
Kermit: (getting another one) Told you. (He holds the frozen fruit cube over his mouth and looks sideways at Piggy.) Let me know if you need any help warming up your lips....
Piggy: Huth! Vouth wisth!

MuppetsFan4Life

Reaction score
Me: (coming back from watching Harry Potter for the second time, wearing a Gryffindor robe) Wow! That was so much fun! To be honest, I wanted to-
Doc Hogg: Cry? I know what you mean.. I almost.. shed a tear or two myself.. (sniffles) Excuse me... (rushes to his room to get a hanky)
Ojo: Let's see it again!
Tutter: Please??
Me: Not right now, guys. Maybe a group of us can go see it. Right now, I got a note from Ed saying that we have to switch rooms.
Tutter: What?!
Me: I'm sure it's exactly like this one. We have to go to Apartment #10. So, get your stuff and let's get-
Doc Hogg: (comes out of his room with his suitcase already packed) :sing: Movin' right along... :sing:
Me: (sighs, chuckles) Okay, Doc. Let's go!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Just finished updating the HV roster. Now then... *Off to work some more on other roster. :batty:

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Nora: It's pouring buckets out there. (several metal pails come crashing down onto the sidewalk) Not that kind of buckets! (pails turn back into rain) Even the weather's making bad jokes these days.
Erin: (on sofa, re-reading Order of the Phoenix) Don't knock it, I'll take this over the triple-degree heat. (going back to book) Man, Umbridge is a tyrant.
Beige: You think that weather was hot? When I was a kid, every summer we'd take a vacation to the lava pits down in the Sheer Foolishness Caverns, and my uncle would make us...
Storyteller: No, no, no, the Sheer Foolishness Caverns are the ones with the quicksand pools - it's the Pure Madness Caverns that have the lava pits!
Scooter: Bet the tourism office had fun with that. "Come to the Pure Madness Caverns - where life really is the pits." (checks phone) Oh, hey, Erin, that baking supply shop in Nelson Square called earlier. They've got your golden syrup, whatever that is.
Erin: Excellent - now I'll be able to find out why Harry and his friends like treacle tart so much.

MuppetsFan4Life

Reaction score
(now happily situated in Apartment 10...)

Me: (is bored, tossing a basketball in the air and catching it) I am so BORED!!

Tutter: Me, too! Even cheese isn't making me happy.

Ojo: (gasps) The world is ending! Tutter doesn't like cheese anymore! (fake-faints)

Me: (chuckles) Ojo, you silly bear cub...

Tutter: That's not what I meant! I'm just as bored as T is!

Ojo: By the way, what're we doing for your birthday this year?

Me: (sighs) Unfortunately, I'm gonna be busy on my birthday, so I won't have time for a party. :frown:

Ojo: Awww! :frown: How about the day after?

Me: Nope.

Tutter: What?!

Me: I'm booked for that whole week.... Well, let's not worry about that now. Let's play Just Dance 2!

Tutter: Okay! :big_grin: I love to-

Doc Hogg: (in a 70's disco outfit) Dance! Get the disco ball!

Me: (face-palms) Not what I meant, Doc Hogg.... There is a song by Donna Summer in there, but don't expect much. Okay, guys. Let's get dancing!

Katzi428

Reaction score
watching the good looking driveway pavers from my window and trying not to be noticed by them. I feel a tap on my shoulder & I jump.
GAH!:eek: Chef...ya scared me!
Chef: Surves yu rite fur being nozee! Whut yu lookin' et ennyway?
Er....nothing.
Chef:Ja rite.Und I'm Bred Pitt.
You WISH! :rolleyes:
Chef: Whut? Yu doon't think I'm hansum?
Well...you are. But those guys out there are REALLY good looking!Look at the six packs on them!:dreamy:
Chef: Siks peks? We guts siks peks uv soda or watur in der frigerater. Doze men doon't look like dey hef soda or beer on dem.
(Uhoh...language barrier)
No Chef.. A "six pack" on a man means a muscular chest.
Chef:Ooohhhh! Okee. Well ennywey,yu want mekerooni und toona seled fur dinnur tonite?
Sure! No peppers though.
Chef: Yu can hardlee taste der peppurs Miss Pikkee!
All right..fine...put the peppers in. I gotta call Ru in a bit and ask her if she wants to watch the eye candy with me.
Chef shaking his head as he leaves my room:Woomin!:rolleyes:

Ruahnna

Reaction score
(Kermit comes in the door of Apartment #5 and, hearing voices, comes straight to the kitchen.)

Kermit: Hello Ru, hi Fozzie. Um, what's that you're doing?
Ru: (flushed but grinning) I'm making sugared peanuts--come and try some!
Fozzie: (chewing) And I'm helping.
Kermit: (amused, to Fozzie) Oh yeah? What are you doing?
Fozzie: (swallowing) Official taste tester.
Kermit: Hmm. (tries a cluster of sugared peanuts) Hmm! Mmm! These are kind of neat-what's in them?
Ru: Peanuts and sugar. Pretty simple. The hardest part was shelling the peanuts.
Kermit: (taking a handful) Mmm. These are good. You know what this reminds me of?
Ru: Candied gnats?
Kermit: (astounded) Huh! How'd you know?
Ru: A little Piggy told me. (nodding head toward the tin with lilies and dragonflies on it) Check out your cookie tin.
Kermit: (prying open the tin and looking in) Oh--oh wow! Are these...homemade candied gnats?
Ru: (making a rueful face) Er, sortof. More like "gnat brittle." I got them to clump but I couldn't get them to separate. Try 'em and let me know.
Kermit: (breaking off a piece and crunching) Hmm. Mmm. Oh yeah. Oh--these are--this is great, Ru. How did you, um, know I liked these?
Ru: (shrugging and nodding her head toward Piggy's room down the hall) I told you--a little Piggy told me. In fact, she bought the gnats.
Kermit: (touched) Really? That's...that was really sweet.
Ru: (shrugging again) Don't tell me--I just cooked 'em. Tell her.
Kermit: (grinning) I--thanks. I will. (He starts toward the hall, then turns back to them.) Are these--are these all for me?
Ru: (hands up to ward off the offer) Oh yeah. All yours sweetie. Fozzie and I are sticking to peanuts.
Fozzie: (trying to get a cluster off of his fur) Literally. A little help here, Ru--I'm stuck, er, sticky.
Ru: (laughing) Ok, Sweetie--hold on.